♪Chapter 18♪

Emily's P.O.V

Lightly guiding my pencil around on the pad of paper in front of me, I corrected any mistakes and shaded in parts of what I was working on to contrast the colors in the image.
We were assigned to sketch an image of a place where we have traveled to. As many people in the class were using colors to make theirs stand out more and more colorful, I on the other hand just wanted mine to show a more carefree but at the same time serious meaning as I decided to only go with pencil.

With my focus intently on my paper, the chair beside me was pulled out and someone sat down next to me. Recognizing who is was by their faint smell of cinnamon, I didn't look up as I continued to work.

I know what you're thinking. Cinnamon? It was the smell of cologne Jake always used and I'd gotten used to it with how much we've been spending time together.

"I wasn't kidding about what I wrote in the first clue about only having one reason why I bother to come to this class." Jake leaned in closer to me to see what I was sketching as he then pulled his stuff out of his bag and placed it on the table next to my arm.

"We all know I suck at art but it's all worth it to come see you so mesmerized by it." My heart skipped a beat and I looked up blushing as he smiled at me. I loved it when he had those carefree real smiles. Not a smirk. I thanked him with a smile and tried refocusing. It was tough though as he was right next to me.

Luckily for me for the second time today the bell rang saving me out of my stupidity except this time, for lunch. Carefully placing my work in my bag, I gave him a wave not daring to look at him as he would see my blushing face and headed out into the crowded hallways.

We usually would go our separate ways when lunch started to do whatever we need to do until the last half hour we would meet up at our table outside.
Going to my locker, I pulled the note out of my pocket remembering I still had to read it. Looking around making sure I wouldn't bump into anyone, I unfolded it to read his quickly scrawled handwriting.

"There's one more clue that'll lead you to the surprise. You should be able to find it before the second half of lunch when we meet up. To find the clue, you must go to where you can find yellow everywhere. Good luck ;)"

Yellow???? This was the most confusing clue. It seemed so random but I knew I had to find it, and quick as there was only 20 minutes left.
Racking my brain for any ideas on where the last clue could be I figured I should just get my lunch from my locker first. I was really hungry.

Spinning the dial with my combination, I grabbed everything I needed and walked past the girls bathroom when I suddenly skidded to a stop realizing something.

"Hey watch where you're going." Someone said as they walked around me only to give me a glare. Too excited to be sorry and apologize, I just rolled my eyes at them and looked at the dull page hanging from the wall by the bathroom.

"Lunch Menu Schedule!"

That's it! They were serving tacos today for school lunch. Walking towards the cafeteria, I came into the view of a very noisy and crowded area. I got into line behind about 10 people as I waited.
How was I supposed to get a taco that had a sticky note in or on it?
The line started to move closer up as I started to get more nervous about asking, hoping they did have it.

"What would you like for lunch?" The lunch lady asked looking annoyed.

"Well. Um- Did a boy drop off a pink sticky note with one of the tacos by chance?"