♪Chapter 20♪

Jessica's P.O.V

2 days. 2 days ago since Carter had asked me to be his girlfriend to which I happily agreed. After the night we were in the break room together when he asked, we hung out for a while before heading back to the contestant house to rest.
Yesterday which was Tuesday, we practiced together in the same practice studio. The duet version we chose to follow for All Of Me wasn't as hard on us as it was already made a duet. We just changed it up a bit. I was nervous for tonight. I mean, when am I never not nervous to perform on a stage in front of judges and like thousands of people?

I would get used to it though, as I'd either get lost in the music, or to be honest I'd just look at Carter. Cheesy, I know.

Everyone would be heading to perform at the live studio/theater place in about half an hour. It was only 5:30 as the show started at 7:30 but we were told to get there early for our stylists to prepare us. Fan pick week was a pretty exciting week for not only the fans, but the judges and singers. Singers would have to work on their own practicing the song and then presenting it in a hopefully excellent way.

Lately, Carter has been extra sweet and nice to me, and that's kinda saying a lot since he's already nice to me. I'd always catch him glancing at me or staring at me while I sang or laughed or smiled. Of course being me, I'd shyly look away trying to not let him notice the effect he had on me of just a mere glance.

"Hey Jess, we should start heading out to the team buses." Carter said from where he sat next to me on my bed. We were leaned up against the wall watching tv.

"Okay." Getting up and off the bed, the two of us headed out the door, with him not hesitating to grab my hand lacing our fingers together. We walked out the door to go downstairs and outside. Gosh he made me nervous even with the little gestures he did for me. I just hoped my hand wouldn't get all sweaty.
We walked side by side as the big bus with team Hannah on it came to view. We climbed aboard and took our usual seat. Everyone on the team, had a spot where they basically claimed as theirs to sit at since they always sat in the same spot. We moved towards the back where Sarah was with her earbuds in nodding her head along to whatever she was listening to. I hadn't told her that Carter and I were dating yet, since these past days have been a little hectic with everyone practicing and preparing for the show. The look on her face was hilarious though as she saw our linked hands.

"Ahhhh! Oh my gosh, oh my freaking gosh!" As the two of us sat down, I let Carter have the window seat this time for the purpose of me talking to Sarah, who was currently freaking out. She ripped out her headphones jumping around in her seat happily.

"Well...um, hey Sarah." Carter greeted her confused at her state. He looked at me for clarification as I just nodded towards our hands that were still clasped together.
He seemed to get the message as he let go of my hand with a look of amusement on his face as he watched Sarah while putting an arm around my shoulder.

"I so called it! Jester has finally become a thing!" She nearly screamed it for the bus to hear, but if it wasn't for me reaching over to clamp my hand over her mouth to quiet her down, probably everyone in the other buses would be able to hear her.

"Is it a bad time to mention it happened two days ago?" I nervously asked her as I watched her excited reaction lessen a bit.

"That's alright. I know everyone was really busy practicing for tonight." Surprised at her reply, I pulled her into a quick hug. I situated myself back into my seat next to Carter as we were already about 10 minutes away from the theater as I remembered the scenery going by.