♪Chapter 4♪

Jessica's P.O.V

Two hours.

We had to wait two hours to find out if we made it or not.
It was already about 5:30 in the evening and to wait, Carter and I had decided to go out and have a quick bite to eat. There was a cute little burger joint around the corner downtown, and currently we were almost finished eating.

"I think we did awesome, I mean the judges looked impressed with our duet." Carter said as he sipped his soda.

"Yeah, I think we did really well. There were lots of people auditioning though Carter, and they usually cut half of them for the competition."
When we had finished with our duet, I had snapped out of my daze from singing as everyone in the audience started cheering. The judges really were impressed, as Daisy didn't hesitate to give us many compliments about how we had such good stage chemistry and how she loved our version of the song and how we made it our own turning it into a duet.

"It's going to be fine, Jess. They should be posting up the list of people who made it in the competition about right now, so we should head back." Pulling out his wallet, he called for the check from the waitress.

"Oh, no. I can pay for myself." Pulling out my own wallet I was about to grab my credit card, when he stopped my hand.

"I can pay for it. My treat." He said with a slight laugh as he went to go pay for it.

"Um...Okay thanks." Didn't guys usually pay for girls when on a date? No, it was just a nice gesture.

I overthink things way too much.

"You're a very lucky girl." Looking up from the table, in front of me was one of the waitresses.

"Oh, uh we're not dating..." With a blush, I cleared my throat and stood up as Carter waved to me from the front door to head out.

"I can bet the two of you would make the perfect couple just you wait and see." With a wink, she headed back to the kitchen to deliver food to the other customers.

Well, that totally wasn't awkward at all. I knew that the woman was just being sweet, but it was a little creepy.
I could feel the stupid blush that was constantly on my face.

Guys usually never wanted to talk to me, just because I was the shy quiet girl. A guy has never made me blush.

Oh god, I need to find a way to stop blushing around him. It's just when we were on stage together, the moment felt so cliche and perfect.

I really need to stop daydreaming things.

The short walk around the corner back to the building was a silent one, but it wasn't an awkward one.

It was a comfortable silence as the two of us walked back side by side different things on our minds. There were lots of very talented singers who auditioned today and I feared that we wouldn't make it to the top 5 later on. Like how were we supposed to even do that???

Carter seemed really confident about it compared to me and my mess of nerves.
Getting back to the Fillmore theater, he opened the door for us as the two of us slipped inside, just in time.

"Okay everyone, the lists will be posted all around this room. Also, don't hesitate to answer any questions these interviewers behind me ask if they come up to you."
A man with a megaphone announced it as everyone started standing up rushing to see if they made it or not. People could really care less what he was explaining since they'd rather see the one thing they've been anxiously waiting for.

I was so busy looking at everyone's reactions that I didn't notice Carter dragging me by my arm towards a sheet on one of the walls. More than half of the people that were here, had solemn expressions or were crying. Others, were jumping with joy.