♪Chapter 9♪

Jessica's P.O.V

"Okay everyone, the show will be starting at 7:00 tonight. All of you will head down to the theater where the show will be taking place, at 5:30. You will be rushed into hair and makeup, and then clothing. The stylists will do everything there for you, so you do not have to get ready here."

As everyone nodded at the instructions, I took a glance at the living room clock. We had about an hour until we had to leave. Once Mike finished talking, Claudia and him left somewhere, as all the other contestants left the room as well.

Choosing to stay though, Carter stayed seated on my right along with Sarah who was on my left. I turned on the Hollywood gossip channel on the TV in the main room in front of us.
Sitting back, I propped my feet onto the coffee table in front of me.

I only wanted to see the Hollywood gossip channel cause I was hoping to find anything interesting to pass the time we had until we had to leave.

"Make it Sing USA, has started it's 5th season this year, and the talent this year is crazy!"
A perky host started to talk as three group photos showed up of the contestants for each team.

"On the Hollywood Gossip website, we set up a voting system, where fans could vote for their favorite acts, as well as leave them some messages."
After the lady said that, I curiously and quickly took out my phone as did the two people sitting next to me.

Going to the website, I clicked on Make It Sing Season 5, and looked through the page. Finding Carter and I, it was a picture we had taken on the first day of the auditions.

Scrolling through our page, there were video links of when we sang 'Say You Won't Let Go' and 'I Know What You Did Last Summer'.
Underneath each video, there were comments from fans. Skimming through some of them, they mostly congratulated us on making the cut. As I scrolled to look at some more, another phone was shoved in my face.

Looking at it, it was Carter's phone, and there were a bunch of specific comments.
They all said things like they're so cute together, are they dating? I so ship it! Starting to blush, Carter laughed as I pushed his phone away from my face rolling my eyes and turned my attention back to the TV with a red face. He just loved to embarrass me.

"Based on our votes, there was also one act, that stood out, and caught the attention of many fans. Lockheart and Andrews, have recieved many comments blowing up our website about not only their amazing voices, but as well as what their fans call, Jester."
After the lady had mentioned our names, weirdly Carter and I both sat forward as if to see more of what they were taking about.

"Jester? What's that?" I asked looking over at Sarah and Carter.

"Oh, it's a ship name, I made up for you guys on the first day of your audition." Sarah answered smiling as she was scrolling through her own fan page on her phone.

"Wait. On the first day? The day you barely met us?" Carter asked surprised, and slightly creeped out.

"Yup. Seems like all your fans love the idea though and they agree with me." She replied with a smirk. It was weird to see that so many people shipped the idea of Carter and I as a couple.

I mean, not like I was complaining or anything...but still, kinda weird.

"Along with Jester fans, there are also some that ship another duet act who are a couple, Reblan. Rebecca and Dylan, are another act that may add some tough competition to the show."

Showing a clip of Rebecca and Dylan's audition video, I was pretty surprised. They were really good and I couldn't help but agree with the woman. I actually haven't seen any other auditions from our competitors.