♪Chapter 19♪

Jessica's P.O.V

"Tomorrow night, the Make it Sing USA, stars will be performing a judges choice song. During fan week, voters in America will have voted online for a song in which they think each pair or person should sing. The judges provided a recommended list online, and the results are in." My ears perked up at what the lady on the Hollywood gossip channel was taking about.

Currently, most of the contestants were in the big living room in the contestant house and were scattered around on the couches and bean bags placed around the room. Everyone in the room anticipated excitedly wondering what they were going to sing during fan week.
I was sitting in between Carter and Sarah as the lady on tv switched to a screen with the name and a picture of the person or people and what song was selected for them.

People cheered or were excited about what song they had gotten picked for them to sing and some started to disperse to probably practice for tomorrow night.

"Awesome!" Sarah's voice from my right said excitedly. Not bothering to look for hers, my eyes quickly scanned the list and found our names.

Jessica Lockheart & Carter Andrews: "All Of Me by John Legend"

I was excited that this was the winning song.

"We're gonna do great with this song." Carter turned to me with a smile on his face and his hand held up. I laughed and gave him a high five while agreeing with him. Like everyone, we headed up to an empty practice room out of the many that they had, and reserved it for ourselves.

"I think we should start with splitting up the parts of the song." Carter said as I looked around the room. It was pretty cozy with a couch, table and chairs, sound booth, and a few instruments laying around waiting to be used.

"Yeah. I think for that song since it would have to be a duet, we should just sing the Kurt Hugo Schneider one and we can change it up a bit."
After the words left my mouth, Carter gazed at me with this look on his face.

"What?" I looked at him wondering why he was staring at me.

"Nothing." He quickly replied. I can tell he wanted to say something so instead of ignoring it, I questioned him again, feeling a bit bolder now.

"Really, what is it?"

"You really want to know?"

"Just tell me." I raised a brow wondering what could possibly be going through his mind right now.
He gave me a small smile before responding.

"You've just been getting a lot more comfortable with singing and making bold moves lately. It's like a different side to you."

"I guess so, yeah." I shrugged, but in the back of my mind I didn't know what to do or say to the fact that he hinted at me making bold moves. My mind went back immediately to when I kissed him the other night, and how we haven't talked about it at all.
I shook my head trying to clear the thought and instead went into the recording booth to set up.
It was time to practice.

Like most contestants, we spent pretty much all day cooped up in the practice room except for taking small bathroom breaks and a lunch break. Everyone was excited, but I can tell that deep down everyone was nervous. The tensions during the show got more and more tense as everyone knew that people would be eliminated and sent home. Since it was fan week, voters would also get a say in who they want to stay on the show. They would get to vote after we sang the fan picked song. The judges didn't really get to do anything about the outcomes this week and that scared me a little as I hoped we would do well enough to pass.