♪Chapter 3♪

Jessica's P.O.V

"You are dismissed to lunch." Ms. Daniels voice said as everyone grabbed their things to leave.

Who knew how awkward the feeling was when people stared, seeing you differently.
Confused, I had asked Emily about it. She casually told me, it was because of the way I dressed today, different than other days.

She was really loving it.

"You look different today." Someone said behind me as I walked to my locker alone. Turning around, it looked like Carter was following me.

"Tell me something I haven't heard today." I rolled my eyes thinking of all the people who came up to me or suddenly wanted to become friends.

"You look really good today....better?" He spoke with that smirk on his face but I could tell the compliment although laced in with him trying to be funny, was genuine which made me immediately begin to blush.

"Thanks." Giving him a smile I realized I had another thing to ask.

"Wait, are you following me?" I was headed out to the table where Emily and I usually ate when I noticed that he was still behind me.

"I'm not following you." With an eye roll, from him, we continued to walk outside together.

"I'm just walking with you." He said with a slight grin on his face.

"Can I ask why, you're walking with me?" I asked as we approached the table. Sitting down, I pulled out my lunch as I felt the presence of another person sitting down across from me. In Emily's usual spot.

"We need to talk about the audition after school, and practice." As he was talking to me, I noticed Emily and Jake both come out at the same time, from different doors of the building.

What a coincidence?

They both walked towards the table, confusion evident on their faces.

"Hey Jess....and Carter?" Emily said as she sat down next to me.

"Hey dude. What're you doing here?" Jake asked as he sat down next to Carter at the table as well.

It was now 4 of us at the table and let me tell you, it felt really weird.

"Talking about the audition you guys are going to after school right?" Emily looked from Jake to the two of us knowing right away.

"Oh, yeah that's what we were gonna talk about." Carter answered quickly before turning back to me.

"Okay, meet me in the parking lot today after school, and it'll take about half an hour to get downtown to the Fillmore Theater." Giving a quick nod to his instructions, I started to feel nervous and worry about the audition again.

"I don't know what you sound like, but I'm sure you guys are gonna kill it at that audition today." Jake justified with a smile pointed towards me probably sensing my nervousness.

"My best friend here mentioned you a lot yesterday." Jake grinned before his eyes widened.
Carter glared at him, smacking him upside his head.

"Ow! Sheesh you're the one who said she was pretty." Jake mumbled almost too low for us to hear. Like I said, almost. I heard him just fine.

"I'm flattered...I think?" I gave him a small smile as I started to eat my lunch.

"It's actually pretty nice to be out here instead of in that stupid cafeteria." Jake said to Carter as they started having a conversation.
Trying to not make it awkward, I lightly kicked Emily's foot to try to get her to join in the conversation. I was just trying to help her ease up when talking to boys.
Giving me a glare, she turned back to Jake.