Chapter 25: Refusal

A/N: Hey, just because I've been taking a lot of time in updating I would recommend to read the previous chapter before you proceed unless of course you remember. :)

*********

I don't know what I did to earn such a behaviour from you and I'm sorry for that. But I really need to talk to you it's very important. I found something of your interest, and you should see it.

- Alec

I sat within the school premises reading his text for the thousandth time. Everytime I read it, it leaves me even more confused.

I shook out of my trance when someone occupied a seat beside me.

"Hey," I said smiling at Avery.

"Hi," she said excitedly.

"What's up?" I asked.

"You won't believe what just happened. Remember that blonde guy from Nina's birthday party? Caleb? Oh my god He just asked me out to go to the high school dance with him!" She told me.

"What? Seriously? Congratulations!" I told her getting excited as well. I know I had no reason to get excited since I didn't have a partner but who cares about the stupid dance when something is insistent on killing you?

"So, what about you? Did anyone ask you?" She asked.

"Umm, Not yet" I lied. I didn't want to tell her about the whole alec thing and besides what excuse will I tell her about not accepting his proposal?

"Do you realise that it's only three more days before The Dance?" She said, emphasising the words The Dance.

I nodded my head slowly.

"Okay, Is there anyone you'd want to go with? Any crushes?" She said wiggling her eyebrows at me.

"No," I said shaking my head.

"Oh come on Allison, I know you're a shy personality but guess what I'm your friend and friends tell each other stuff, especially crush stuff." She said, her lips curling in a smirk.

A smile came over my lips at that, shaking my head I told her, "I don't have a crush. And I don't even have any fantasies about the dance with the one and only person. I promise you that you'll be the first person to know about my crush, okay?"

"I better be." She said, winking at me.

We sat there talking about who Avery thinks will make a good couple with me, when Nina came over to join us.

"Hey!" Both Avery and I said in unison.

"Hello" she replied, taking a seat beside Avery.

"What's your next class?" Nina asked.

"Uuurrghh! It's maths. Why did you have to remind me? " Avery replied dramatically.

"Please tell me that anyone of you have maths. No?" She asked us looking at me and then her.

"I've History," Nina told her,

Then Avery turned towards me,

"Umm I've got english, but it's a free period our teacher is absent. So I'll be in the library" I said.

Avery's mouth hung open and them she said, " That's not fair! All I want is not to have a math class and you get a free period?"

"I'm in your math class Avery relax, " sapphire said walking upto us with justin beside her.

"You do? That god!" She said sighing.

"Hey Nina, I heard you refused Eric to go to the school dance with. Is it true?" Justin asked.

"Uh-yeah, I did actually." She agreed.

"You what?" Sapphire said loudly.
"But why? He is so hot!"

"Excuse me? " Justin said.

Sapphire rolled her eyes at him when Nina piped in,
"Forget it guys, I just didn'twant to go with him."

"So who do you want to go with?" Avery asked getting excited again.

Suddenly, the bell rang and the corridors filled up with the usual chatter.

We all got up and Nina immediately grabbed her bag and hurried away saying "bye" evading the question completely.

"Do you guys also think that she someone she desperately want to go to the dance with?" Avery said out loud her eyes narrowing at the retreating figure of Nina.

"Oh drop it Ave!" Justin said.

"Fine! You go enjoy then." She said turning towards me.

"Yes, right. Bye. " I said , and turned away heading towards the library.

I must have walked a few steps when I heard someone familiar calling my name. I turned around to see Alec walking towards me.

As soon as I saw him I immediately turned around and started walking away from him.

Author's Note : Finallyyyy I updated!
I seriously need to thank each one of you who have been voting and supporting this story in anyway despite these extremely late updates, THANK YOU SO MUCH!

And therefore specially for you all there's one more chapter that I'm going to update shortly after I update this one..

Enjoy ;)