chapter 6- The little girl

I couldn't put the thought away of what happened that night. Even if it wasn't visible, I could still sense that presence. After what happened that night I never felt that I was alone. I can feel someone constantly following me. Where ever I went I had the feeling that someone stood right behind me and never left my side. It has been two weeks now but even today, while I am sitting in the canteen with my friends, I can still feel it.

I put some french fries into my mouth and was chewing when Avery said something. 

"Allison?" she said, moving her hands in front of my face.

"What are you doing? You just need to call my name and I'll listen." I told her.

She and the others stared at me open-mouthed for at least two minutes. Then Avery blinked her eyes, cleared her throat, and said,

"Allison, are you feeling well? We've all been calling your name for the past five minutes, but you weren't responding." 

I looked around at each one of them at the table and all of them stared back at me confused.

"Oh. I'm really sorry, I was just thinking about something. Can you repeat what you were saying?" I confessed.

"We're all planning to go out for a movie tonight, wanna come?" Nina asked, excited.

"Of course! I'd love to!" I smiled at her. 

Nina, from what I've observed over the past two days, was a very shy and quiet person. She's one of those people who are so sweet that they can't refuse any one for a favor. Although she's sweet, she won't tolerate any wrong behavior. She knows very well to take a stand for herself.

After lunch we returned to our classes. Just when the last school bell rang my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my bag and saw it was mom.

"Hello?" I said through the phone. 

"Hey, Liss. I'm so sorry, but I won't be able to pick you up today. Can you get home on your own, just for today?" she pleaded.

"I'll manage." I told her. 

"Oh, good! Please be safe. Also, I may be late so you'll need to get your own food."

"Okay, mom. Don't worry about me, you take care. Bye." I told her.

"Bye." she said.

I put my phone back in my bag and saw Alec approaching me.

"Hey. Planning to stay at school all day?" he asked, eyebrows raised.

"No, my mom called and said she couldn't pick me up. I have to manage on my own."

"Oh. Can I give you a ride home?" he told me.

I grinned at him and said, "Really? That would be great! Thank you!"

We both walked to his bike and he handed me a helmet. "Here, wear this." he instructed.

"Where is yours?" I asked.

"That's it." I think he blushed slightly while pointing at the helmet in my hands.

Before I could say anything he climbed on his bike. "Don't worry, we won't get into an accident."

I fixed the helmet and climbed on the bike behind him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He drove me to my house.

 "Thank you so much for dropping me off." I said, removing the helmet and handing it over to him.

"I'll see you at the movie then? But how will you get there when your mom isn't home to drive you?" he inquired.

"Don't worry, I'll be there. And I'll just take a cab." I assured him.

"I can pick you up." he offered.

"Are you sure? You really don't need to, I can find a way there." I said.

"No! It's fine, your house is on the way to the theatre, anyway." he replied.

"Okay, I'll be ready by six then." I told him.

He smiled and nodded in agreement at me before riding away on his bike.

I walked into my house and went straight to the kitchen. I made myself some food and took it to my bedroom. When I finished eating I changed into a comfortable shirt and pajama shorts and sat on my bed. I lay on my bed and finally drifted to sleep.

I woke up after an hour to see it was 5:00pm, meaning I only had an hour to get ready. I quickly jumped to my feet and walked to my bathroom to wash my face.

I walked to my closet and pulled out a pair of black skinny jeans, a peach linen top, and some black wedges.

I walked over to the mirror so I could   start curling my hair when I heard someone giggle .. I scanned my room for the source but there was no one there.

My heart was beating rapidly against my chest when I heard another giggle. It was coming from outside my room. I slowly started walking out and looked around but there was nobody there. Hesitating I started my way to another room to check. I reached for the door knob, but I caught something out of the corner of my eye. I jerked my head towards the far end of the corridor in which I was standing, and I could swear to god that I saw a little girl no more than four years old, run into my room giggling..

I didn't know what to do, especially since my mom wasn't home. My heart wanted to leap out of my chest.

A shiver ran down my spine; all of a sudden I felt cold. I stood there, frozen in place, for an immeasurable amount of time just staring at my door.

The door bell rang pulling me out of the shock, but I didn't move. I stood there watching the door of my room. I couldn't stand there forever, I thought, so I decided to go and check who the little girl in my room was. I went towards the room as slow as I could, my hand on my heart.

I peeped into the room but everything was quiet, there was no one there. I walked in the room and looked behind the door, but no one was there. I checked the bathroom and every corner of my room, even the cupboard, but the little girl was nowhere to be found.

Where did she go?

I definitely saw her go into the room.

What the hell is happening to me, am I having hallucinations or something? But no, the girl was real. I'm sure of it.

Then where is she?

I was very deep in thought and consideration when someone grabbed my shoulders from behind.

"AAAAHH!" I said, shutting my eyes and screaming at the top of my lungs.

Author's note:
I hope you all enjoyed reading the chapter..

Please do vote and comment if you liked it

Thankyou :)