chapter 29: Meeting Martinez

I dragged him away from there and out in the parking lot. I didn't want him to ruin whatever friendship was left in between them beacuse of me.

It was horrible when nina confessed his love about him. Alec was shocked from her confession and when he dismissed the idea of him loving Nina, she grew mad and started throwing tantrums at me.

She clung onto Alec, trying to convince him to say that he loves her but he didn't and Instead he said and he loved me!

That was even more of a shock to me, when he said those words. And immediately after that Nina advanced on me Alec stood in front blocking me away from her. I was afraid that it'll turn out to be bad so I dragged him away from there.

"I'm sorry," I repeated myself, in the eerie silence of the parking lot.

Suddenly he punched the wall on the side, the sound of the impact growing louder.

I was stunned from his reaction standing quietly watching him breathe in and out forcefully, his eyes tightly shut.

Once I recovered from it, I immediately grabbed his hand to inspect it. His knuckles were scratched and red.

"What is wrong with you?" I asked annoyed.

But he didn't respond. His eyes were still shut tighlty.

" Alec?" I asked him, my voice a mere whisper.

I placed my hand on his forearm and the next what happened, happened in seconds.

He looked up me and simultaneously held my wirst, pulling me straight infront of him while caging in between the wall and his arms. I was shocked at the sudden turn of events. We stood there, for a few seconds, our faces so close to each other.

Then suddenly, he ducked his face meeting his lips with mine. And with that I lost all my senses, I didn't know what to do, I couldn't even acknowledge what was happening at that moment.

Deep inside of me blood rushed within my veins blissfully. My heart squeezed with some unexplainable pain and something tingles inside my stomach. His lips just pressed against mine, unmoving.

I shivered anticipating his next movement, soon one of his hands moved down to hold my waist and he pulled me closer and that light pull was enough to bring me to my senses.

The realisation hit me hard, and I gasped. With that his body stiffened and he quickly pulled away from me.

"I - I'm sorry, I shouldn't have,.." He stuttered, completely frightened of his actions.

One of my hands subconsciously moved to touch my lips. It felt like it was on fire and my heart in a frenzy wasn't of any help. My lips were parted and and my eyes wide staring on the floor.

"Allison, I'm really sorry I don't know what came over me, I'm so sorry." He said.

But I wasn't listening. I was lost in my own world. My heartbeat reaching it's crescendo.

He slid his hand through his hair. Then suddenly his phone started ringing and he halted his steps towards me to look at it.

He pulled it out of his pockets looking at it and then immediately jerked his head up his eyes meeting mine.

"It's Martinez."

***********

"Do you think that he will know something about whatever is happening in the house?" I asked hesitantly, still looking out in the orange red sky of the dusk above us, as we drove towards the given address.

Anxiety pumped inside of my body, which was almost numb with the fear. I was so afraid about what they could tell us, and even more afraid if they didn't have anything to say to us or help us in any way.