Chapter 1

Song: Teddy Bear by Melanie Martinez

"I love you so much," Anthony said.

Except it wasn't to me, his boyfriend. It was to his beard, Lila. Exactly what she was, a friggin' beard. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Anthony and I have been dating for years, no one knows. At this rate, no one will ever know. I watched them kiss and noisily got up to get a small bag of chips from the cabinet. It was ruining their video. Lila gave me a look, I stared right back at her.

Anthony stopped the video and after they mumbled about something, probably about the way I'd been acting, Lila gave him a kiss goodbye and left.

"Goodbye baby, see you soon. Not soon enough though." She said closing the door behind her. I made sure the door was closed before I proceeded to mock her.

"Goodbye baby. Not soon enough, baby." I seethed and rolled my eyes. Anthony chuckled and came up behind me, kissing my cheek.

"Now you know it doesn't mean anything to me..." Anthony chuckled before setting his head on my shoulder.

"Do I look like I care? She's annoyingly... There. Jesus Christ she's always just there." I scoffed. "Like I don't get why you need to lie to her OR the fans anymore." I sighed. I started to walk away to order some Chinese for dinner.

Within moments of me actually calling the place, Anthony grabbed my phone and hung it up. "Ian, you, of all people, know we can't tell people." He said. "They'll start criticizing us for dating Kalel and Melanie and Miel and Pamela as if it was never real." He said. I didn't want to have this fight again.

"God, why do we always end up talking about them? Why can't we talk about us? Why can't we talk about Ian and Anthony?" I asked, fairly sadly.

We'd been dating for a while and all of our friends knew, they loved seeing us so happy. Well the happiness was dying out for me... I began feeling non-existent. Locked away and the key being thrown out, never to be seen again. "Don't you see that every time that fucking beard comes around, we end up fighting after she leaves?" I said. Anthony grew angrier.

"Who are you to have the right to call someone a 'fucking beard'? To most everyone, you're nobody anyway." Anthony turned and started upstairs, to go to our room. I shook my head and followed.

"You're not fucking laying down." I said, following him. I picked up a pillow and a sheet, going into the hallway and throwing it over the banister. "Have fun sleeping on the couch." I said. He shook his head, grabbing me and slamming me into the wall, knocking some pictures down.

"I don't know who you think you are. Because," he said, hitting me into the wall again. "You, Ian Andrew Hecox, are nothing." He slammed me one more time dropping me to the ground before walking into the room, throwing the door shut. I just sat there. This happened almost every night... When did our love become so violent?