Chapter 21

We found our way home, Anthony stressed out. I slowly made my way upstairs. I was in so much pain but I tried to hide it to prove that I would be okay once the divorce was finalized. I opened up the desk drawer and found the papers that I had printed up. I came back down to Anthony sitting on the couch with his head back. I sat the papers on his lap and walked into to kitchen.

"What the hell is th-" he sat up and looked at the papers. "Ian... Please..." He said standing up. "You can't..."

I sighed and looked up at him, our eyes locking and a pit forming in my stomach. "Anthony... If I felt safe and secure in this house, of course I would stay. I hate that I love you. I hate that I want you. You want her and you need her but I will never be her." I said, my voice cracking. "You need a woman, not a man. Because you can't stay faithful to the one you swear you love." I started walking to the front door.

Anthony sighed and looked down. "I fucking love you, Ian! I want you."

I looked at him as he started to cry again. I couldn't stop myself from crying either. "Prove it, Anthony!" I winced. "Prove to me that you fucking love me!"

Anthony looked up at me. He took five long strides and made it to where I was and kissed me with so much passion. A passion that I had not felt in so long. A passion that was well past overdue. I relaxed backing up a bit, leaning against the wall. Anthony pulled away. "I love you, Ian." He whispered, laying his head on my chest. "Please don't leave me..."

I shook my head, crying as well. I pulled him closer to me and kissed him again. "I won't leave you baby... I'm sorry. I'm sorry I got Hailie taken from us. I'm so fucking sorry." I cried. Anthony shook his head.

"I wasn't ready. I wasn't to best I could have been. I'm going to do whatever it takes to get Hailie back... Ok? I'll fix it..." I nodded slowly and our lips connected again. Anthony pulled me up and say me on his waist and I wrapped my legs around him. He took me upstairs and took me to the room. I was nervous, considering my back was fucked. Anthony didn't just go for everything like we normally did. He helped me take off the back brace and pulled me on top of him, kissing me and rubbing my back. He kissed up and down my neck and I sighed contentedly. He hadn't even taken off either of our shirts.

I leaned up. "Anthony," I started, "are you okay?"

He nodded softly. "I just want to hold you. Please, just let me hold you. I don't want to ever let you go..." Anthony seemed so worried.

"Anthony, I'm not going anywhere ok? Please... I'm sorry I scared you... I love you... I'm not leaving you." I said kissing him softly. He dropped a single tear and nodded. I nodded my head once and tried to get off of him. I didn't want to rest on top of Anthony, I wanted his chest against my back, my safe place. Anthony moved me to his side and turned, cuddling me. He snaked his left arm under my side and held my hands, left and left, right and right. Everything felt so right. Everything except Hailie wanting to lay with us if she had a nightmare.

"Anthony..." I spoke softly.

"Yes, baby?" He replied, kissing my neck.

"I want Hailie back..." I cried out. Anthony sighed and just held me closer, soothing me until I fell asleep.