Chapter 20 *Anthony*

Song: #icanteven by The Neighbourhood ft French Montana

Video credit goes to nightthrilldomino on YouTube
Video: Ianthony #icanteven

It had been a month and it was finally time for Ian to go home. He needed a back brace, but that's all. The excitement of me being there with him faded from his demeanor. I came to his room early to help him get ready to leave. He turned and looked into my eyes with the coldest look in his eyes. "Good morning, love. Do you have your brace on?" I leaned in to give him a kiss on the cheek, but he flinched away.

"Grab that bag please?" He said softly, grabbing his laptop. He finished packing and walked out. I rushed up behind him.

"Ian, you need a wheelchair? I mean... Yo-" he cut me off.

"Let's just go home..." He said, turning to the desk. Ian signed the release forms and made appointments for himself. We took the exit to the parking lot I usually parked in.

"Here, give me this bag and I'll pull the car around." I said. I put my hand on his to take the bag from underneath his hand and he tensed up, shoving his hand to make me lose my grip. I looked up him, he was frozen it seemed. "Ian..." I said softly. He stayed still and I sighed going to get the car. I had no idea what was going on with him. I pulled the car around as closely as possible and then opened his door and the trunk. Ian finally let me take the bag and I put it in the trunk. By the time I closed the door, Ian had closed his. I sighed and got into the driver's seat. Ian was on his phone, looking for a song. He played a song by The Neighbourhood. He began singing along.

"Just got cheated on, no it's not my day. That's not my bitch, she's not my girl, she's not my babe.

My stomach's in pain, I hope I don't throw up all over what you told. But it hurts me to know."

I had been driving to find my way out of the parking lot. I listened quietly.

"I can't even, I can't even believe what you did to me
You can't even, you can't even say I'm overreacting
I can't even, can't even hear your side
Shame on me, you fooled me twice
And you said I wasn't just like anyone, like
But you treated me just like everyone, like everyone else
You like to say that you're right
Did it make you feel bad
When you cheated on your man last night
Did I even ever cross your mind
You like to say that you're right
Did it make you feel bad
When you cheated on your man last night
Did I even ever cross your mind
You like to say that you're ri—
You like to say that you're right."

I sighed and came to a stop light. "Ian..." He just turned and looked away from me. "I'm... I'm so sorry." He scoffed and turned back to me. I swallowed back a lump a big as the car in my throat.

"Sorry? Sorry doesn't even make it. I got a call from Linda yesterday. They're considering termination of our parental rights for two years. That means by the time we're fucking 30, we can try a family again, and even then we aren't guaranteed approval. And even worse, we won't get Hailie back." Ian blew up. "I won't get my baby girl back. You won't get your baby girl back. And sorry is all you can say? You played me for years Anthony and I guess I'm just now seeing it." He sighed.

I sat up and began to drive again. I looked over to Ian many times during the ride and along the way, he began to cry. I pulled off to the side of the road, putting my hazards on. "Hey... I'll get Hailie back to us... We'll get help. I'll make it right."

Ian looked up at me, red eyes, drowning out the blueness. "Did it make you feel good when you cheated on me? Did you even think about me?" I looked at him. He had a look in his eye, something that gave me a pit in my stomach. "Answer me, Anthony. Was it fucking worth it? Do you want to be straight?"

"God, no... Where are you getting this from. Ian, I want you. I want Ian Andrew Hecox, I want my man back..." I said leaning over and kissing his cheek. He pulled away again.

"Ian Andrew Hecox died years ago..." He whispered, tears brimming over his lids. "When your spouse dies, it makes you a widow or a widower..."

I looked at him, my face falling flat. "What are you saying, Ian?" I chuckled nervously.

He leaned in and kissed me, then pulling away placing his head onto mine. "I'm so sorry, Anthony... I want a divorce." He said kissing me again and pulling away. He looked at me, I just fell into shock. I looked at him, and connected to his eyes. I got out of the car. "Anthony..." He said, taking off his seatbelt. I closed the door and began walking back and forth. "Anthony... I'm sorry. Things ran their course... You hurt me, I can't recover from this state I'm in..." I looked at him.

"I-I lo-" I broke down crying, just letting the tears fall. I held my head in my hands. I fell to my knees, crying. "Please Ian... I love you." He sighed and looked at the sun setting. He opened his mouth to speak, but I found myself crawling his way. "Please, I can't be without you. Until death do us part... I love you, this can't end." I cried. I was at his feet. He covered his mouth trying not to cry. I held onto his legs, kissing them. "I'm sorry for this." I grabbed his arms and kissed every scar. "I'm so sorry for doing this to you, baby please! Say something! You can't leave me." I was in hysterics. I held onto his legs again and pulled him close. He got down on his knees, facing me.

"I'm so sorry, Anthony..." He leaned in and kissed me. I shook my head.

"Let me have you back... I'll fix it all, Ian please. I need you." I cried, laying my head on his lap. He just held me as I cried. "Please..." I screamed out. We sat in front of the car like that.