The Time That Jo Babysat Zola & Bailey

So this is a fluff/filler chapter for you guys. Sorry for the late update; life got in the way! This is what I think would've happened if she actually did babysat Zola & Bailey (Ellis isn't born yet in my story). So please enjoy and review!

Thanks to lailai3304, Zaynmalikislife_, Lian0406, Becr26 for the reviews!

Jo was in the restroom throwing up for the millionth time that morning. This morning sickness is getting really bad...She got up, flushes the toilet and washed her hands & brushed her teeth. She went and got dressed and did her hair. She walked out of the bathroom and saw Alex and...Meredith in their bed?
"Uh, hi," Jo said to her boyfriend's best friend.
"Hi," Meredith said, looking annoyed at her presence.
"What is she doing here, Alex?"
"She just showed up," Alex said, looking really uncomfortable at the situation.
"I'm ranting to Alex about Derek asking me to leave Seattle and to visit him; but the kids will have to stay here-"
"-We'll babysit them." Jo said all of a sudden.
"Wait...really?"
"Yeah...just please get out of my bed..." she tried to say nicely. Meredith looked at Alex, who gave her a friendly look saying 'hey it's my girlfriend spot', rolled her eyes and got up.
"Oh and Wilson, if you're going to babysit my kids...good luck; Both Zo & Bailey can be a little whiny," she giggled, thinking about her children who she loves.

"I think I'll be fine," Jo smiled. Secretly, she hopes Alex will help out. She never had a mother to show her how to do certain things; or enjoy certain activities with her. She needed practice though...just seven months left...

Meredith had dropped off Zola and Bailey the next afternoon. Zola dropped her backpack on the couch and looked around, remembering the house a little. Bailey was asleep when they had arrived. Jo put him in a small crib she had found in the attic; probably from when Meredith lived there. She wanted Alex's help, but of course he was called into the hospital for an emergency surgery with Robbins.
After she came back, she saw Zola coloring in a Frozen coloring book from her backpack. Jo went over and sat down.
"What are you doing, Zo," she asks, trying to join in.
"Coloring," she said, blankly; coloring in Olaf.
"Do you mind if I color as well?" Zola shrugged and ripped out a page of Anna and gave it to her. Jo picked up a crayon and colored. "Do you like to color?"
"I guess."
"Do you go to school?"
"No...mommy and daddy think I'm too young." Jo nodded at her response; thinking of other things to mention.
"What do you like to do?"
"Play Barbie and watch Doc McStuffins."
"Oh yeah; you know who else likes Doc McStuffins...?" Zola shook her head. "...Uncle Alex!" Okay, so that was kind of half-true; Alex mentioned it before when some of his younger patients would talk about it to the point Alex pretty knew what it was about.
"He never told me that," Zola said, amazed. "He always tells me things." She finished her coloring and just looked at Jo.
"What's up, buttercup," she asked.
"I'm bored...can we watch Frozen?"
"Of course," Jo feeling a little hurt she was getting bored; but reminded herself that Zola was only four and that this was probably expected. Zola went to her backpack and got the movie out.
"Mommy said to bring it, because Uncle Alex doesn't have it." Jo thanked her, grabbed it and put it in; as Zola got her Barbie out and sat on the couch.
"Did you want a snack, Zo," Jo asked.
"Yes, please," Zola smiled.
"OK, I'm going to check on your brother and then I'll bring you a snack." Jo smiled back at her and went upstairs to check on Bailey--who was fast asleep.
After she had checked on him, she went to get a small snack, an apple pack, for Zola and came back and gave it to Zola.
"Here you go," Jo handed her the small bowl that she put the apple slices in and Jo sat down next to her.

After the movie had ended, Meredith walked in the house. "Wilson, I'm here to pick up my kids." Jo got up and helped Zola down from the couch. "Where's Karev?"
"He was pulled into an emergency surgery with Robbins; in fact-" she checked her watch. "-he should be home soon." She helped Zola packed up and then went upstairs to get Bailey, who was now awake, but very sleepy. She hands him to Meredith. Zola had put her coat on and her backpack and went to her mom.
"Ok, Zo-Zo," Mer started. "Tell her thank you."
"Thank you," Zola smiled a huge smile at Jo.
"It was my pleasure," Jo said, mirroring her smile. Zola went up to her and hugged her.
"I love you, Aunt Jo." That made Jo's heart melt. She never thought she ever hear her call her that; let alone anyone to call her by that. She smiled. It was a good day.