Don't Let's Start

Thanks Jackson_April_Avery, greys5ever & DetectiveMadisonJ for the reviews!! A/N: I took some of my oneshot and added it to the end. Read & review(:

Alex had come back from Africa the following Sunday. Jo was happy, because being alone for a week brought back old memories and she was glad that vanished away when she saw him walk in the house.

They were lying in bed. They were looking at each other with their arms over each other, somewhat cuddling. Jo was smiling at something he was saying. He had complimented her for what seemed like the 100,000th time.

“I missed you and our child this past week,” Alex said, smiling.

“We miss you too,” she giggled.

“So what did the doctor say?”

“That I’m five weeks along and told me my ‘options’.” Alex looks at her confused. “No worries, I told her we’re keeping it.”

“I mean I guess it’s her job to…”

“Yeah…but does she assume everyone wants to terminate?”

“Well I was alone at the appointment…”

“Yeah, sorry about that…I couldn’t help it.”

“I know; it isn’t your fault.”

“So when are we going to tell people?” Alex said rubbing his hand on her stomach.

Jo smiled at him while he did that. “After the first trimester, maybe…I already told Callie, because of a case where an x-ray was needed.”

“Safety comes first.” Alex smiled at her and she smiled back. Alex can’t help but smile more when she smiles her beautiful smile.

Jo was in the ambulance bay. There was a trauma case coming and it seemed like they were taking their time. Jo was getting cold. There was a smell going around and Jo took a whiff and covered her mouth and tried to swallow it. The ambulance came into the bay; luckily Jo was able to swallow it, much to her disdain.

Nicole the paramedic and another paramedic, that Jo didn’t know the name of, came out of the ambulance and pulled the gurney down.

“Jane doe, age approx. around mid to late 20’s; victim of a carjacking,” Nicole stated to the doctor and to Chief Hunt, who came to them.

“Ok, Wilson you’re with me,” Owen said. They went to a trauma room. Jo followed Owen to the room and helps do the protocol. Callie came in and checks the fractures and broken bones.

“Wow,” she said at the sight.

“Wilson, I need you to-“Owen stopped midsentence, looking at Jo who was covering her mouth. “Wilson, you ok?”

“Yeah, just a breakfast burrito from this morning,” Jo hated lying about this, but it’s what they had agreed on.

“Um, ok, can you see if those are her co-workers?” He pointed to outside of the trauma room.

“Sure thing,” She walked outside of the room. “Do you guys know, um-“

“Melissa. Yeah we do,” one girl replied.

“Is she going to be ok,” the other asked.

“She has sustained serious fractures and injuries. This is all from a car-jacking?” Jo asked.

“Well, I guess…I found her unconscious in the parking lot. I called 911.” The guy said.

“Do you guys know if she has any family or near-distant relatives?”

“We don’t know, we don’t know much about her…we work at the Office Hub.”

“Ok, thanks for giving us on some Intel.”

“Anything to save her or whatever; we like working with her.”

Jo was sitting in the resident longue, almost crying. Alex had walked in, looking for her, and saw her. “You ok, Jo,” he said, concerned and sat next to her and put his arm around her.

“Yeah, it’s just…” she sighed. “…we got a case that’s sad.”

“Well, sometimes that happens we have to power through it.”

“This is different…she reminds me of me…”

“How…?”

“I’m not sure yet; but I believe she lived in her car.”

“What makes you think that?”

“She kept asking about the car and just the way it was reference that it felt like I was in that moment again.” Alex hugged her.

“It’s going to be ok…you could help her.”

“See…that’s the thing…I don’t know how, because she won’t answer the damn question.”

“Ok, well, that’s all I got…sorry.”

“It’s ok.”

Alex walked into the X-ray room, knowing Jo will be in there. “Hey you done; let’s go home.”

“You mean go to your place,” Jo stated.

“Excuse me?”

“I mean it’s your house. I just crash there, right? I mean you never ask me to move in; you never complain. You never…”

“Did I do something? I feel like I’m in trouble.”

“No, I’m in trouble, because when this changes, I don’t have any place to be.” Alex just looked at her. “God, I used to be so careful.”

“Wait, what’s changing? I thought we were good?”

“It all changes, Alex. It always does. You can’t hold onto anything you don’t want to lose. Right now, I feel like I have a bed…” she started to cry. “…and a house and it is so good.” She sighed. “But my bed isn’t my bed. It’s your bed. And I hate that I don’t want to lose it.” Jo looked at him a little bit then sighed and tried to hold her tears back. Alex walked up to her.

“Hey, look at me,” He softly grabbed her arm and she looked at him with tears in her eyes. “You got me. I swear to god. I’m not going anywhere except home with you.” She smiled with tears in her eyes. He hugged her and she hugged back. Alex was worried about what was going through her mind. Jo was questioning what he said. She loved him. Correction: “loves” him.

Hey, guys sorry for the late (and short) update! I work now at a fast food restaurant and I don’t choose my hours. Plus it’s Christmas time and I am always tired and plus I’m going through personal stuff right now, so thanks for understanding! Review (: