The Jolex Short Film

Thanks to purplelily300, luciab2, LejlaKari, Elena_is_cool_, LeticiaLinhares8 & twd1greys2 for the reviews!

5th month of pregnancy

Jo and Alex were asleep in their bed when the alarm went off. The couple groaned really loud.

"I don't want to get up," Alex whined as he turned off the alarm and put his arms back around her waist; touching her stomach.

"We have an important appointment, though," Jo said, smiling and putting her hands ontop of his. "We get to find out the gender."

"I know," Alex smiled and kissed her cheek.

"Let's get up, then." Jo kind of pushed him off to get up and go to the bathroom.

After they got up and got ready, they both got into Alex's car and drove to the OB office. They got out the car and walked in. Jo has signed them in and they sat in the waiting room.

"So," Alex started. "What do you think it's going to be?"

"I don't know," Jo said, truthfully. "What about you?"

"Not going to lie; I hope it's a girl." He smirked a little.

"Awe, why?"

"Well, I did take care of Amber since she was born, basically. I guess I just feel like it's easier."

"So you don't want an Alex Jr." she teased.

"I mean that'll be cool too. I don't care what it is to be honest. Just as long as it's healthy and happy."

"Same." She held his hand.

"Jo Wilson," a Nurse asked out loud. Jo and Alex got up and headed back to the exam room.

"Put this gown on and the doctor will be in right away." The nurse smiled and left. Jo got into the gown and sat on the table.

"I'm nervous," Jo admitted to Alex.

"What's there to be nervous about," he asked.

"I'm always nervous at these appointments; you never know..."

"Yeah, I get that." The doctor came in.

"Hi, how are we today, momma," she smiled.

"Good," Jo started. "A little sore and nervous to be honest."

"That's normal. Lift your shirt up. It's going to be a little cold." The doctor squeezed the gel on Jo's stomach. "You guys want to know the gender?" Jo and Alex looked at each other.

"I'm fine if you are," Alex said.

"Okay," Jo smiled. "We want to know."

"It's a girl," The doctor smiled. Both Alex and Jo smiled and kissed each other.

6th month of pregnancy

"Do we have to do this," Alex protested as he got in some nice clothes – but not too formal.

"Alex," Jo, feeling even more frustrated, said. "We said we do this. Now, let's go!"

"Why do we need to take fancy pictures? Why not use our phones to take the photos?"

"For the last time, I want to be able to look back at these photos with her and it has to be perfect!" Jo has always wondered if her mother did the same thing before she gave her up. She wished she had that for her; so she wants to do the pictures for their daughter.

"Okay," Alex nodded as he tried to tie his tie. Jo rolled her eyes in a joking manner and tied his tie for him. "Where would I be without you?"

"Not being able to presentable," she finished tying and kissed him. "Let's go." They hold hands and went to their car and headed off to the studio.

7th month of pregnancy

Jo was walking down the halls of the hospital – more like waddling, with her swollen abdomen. Dr. Arizona Robbins quickly followed Jo after she saw her walk by.

"Hey," Arizona said. "Wilson!" Jo stopped and turned.

"Yeah, Robbins," she replied.

"Just asking...are you having a baby shower?" Jo shrugged.

"It hasn't come up; to be honest, I don't think I want some big party cliché type."

"How about you have a party and one game?"

"I mean, we do need some things, but I don't know..."

"How about I take care of it? I'll make sure it isn't anything big, just one 'cliché' thing and the present opening."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, my new place is big and I owe you guys for letting me stay for awhile."

"Okay, I think that's fine." Jo smiled.

"I'll let you know." Arizona smiled and ran off, giddy like a little girl who won a singing competition.

**Two days later**

"So," Jo started. "The baby shower is in an hour at Robbins's new place. You ready?"

"Yeah," Alex said. "I made room in the car for the stuff we might get."

"Okay, let's go." She sat in the passenger seat as Alex got in the driver's seat and they headed towards Arizona's.

As soon as they got there, they were kind of bombarded with hugs and congratulations. They both smiled and said their "you're welcomes".

"Okay," Jo said. "I need to sit down and eat something." She went to grab one of the snacks and sat down on the couch eating. Alex went to the table with some of the snacks and drinks and looked around.

"Can't believe you're going to be a father," Meredith said as she walked up to him.

"Neither can I," he replied. "I never saw myself as a father, to be honest."

"I never thought you would as well. I mean you are kind of a douche." Alex gave her a look. "What I said 'kind of'." She grabbed something and started to eat it.

"Practically in less than two months, I'll have a baby; so surreal."

"You'll never get use to it."

"Thanks," he sarcastically said.

"Let's get ready for the presents," Arizona exclaimed.

At the end of the day, Alex and Jo had received loads of baby clothes, fair amount of newborn diapers and some fun things. They still need more stuff, but it was great.

Late 8th month of pregnancy

Jo was sitting on the couch, one night; watching The Bachelor. She had been on bed rest for a few weeks, because of a chance of preterm labor. She had a pregnancy pillow behind her to help with her backache, but it won't do. UGH! Alex was at work and wish he hurry home soon.

"Hey," Alex said as he closed the door and came over to her. "How you feeling?" They kissed.

"Pained." Alex sat next to her.

"Well, it'll be soon; so don't fret. Any contractions?"

"Just the normal back pain so far. I don't have any down there ye-" she stopped talking.

"What?"

 "My water broke!"