(2) CHAPTER #29

LUCY's POV

THE only thing that you can hear is the noise that coming from the outside. My eyes are fixed on his sleeping face as my hand still holding his hand. It's been an hour since the doctor removed his bandage, my heart clench in pain when I remember how he cried because of his eyes.

Natsu stirs in his sleep and soon he opens his eyes. I gently squeeze his hand but didn't say anything. He moved his head on my direction "I'm sorry, Wifey" he whispers.

"Sorry for what?" I mumble before I help him to sit. He didn't say anything "The doctor said that your sense of sight will be back to normal after days or weeks"

Natsu tightened his grip on my hand and sobs "But I feel like..." he shook his head "You said that you want me to look directly on your eyes, I-I actually..." he sobs "I really want to see your face, Lucy"

I throw my arms around his neck and pull him into a tight hug. His head is now on my chest as my chin rested on the top of his head "You will eventually"

"Or maybe not... I might remain blind for the rest of my life, Lucy... maybe this is the consequences of my wrongdoings to you before."

"Natsu, No!" I pause "This is not your karma for hurting me. The doctor said that it's one hundred percent success is just that, there is some blood that covers your eyes for now."

He push me a little "What if it remains the same, Lucy?" He almost yells at me "I'm a failure, Lucy. The moment I hurt you, I become a failure. That is why the operation in my eyes it's not successful its a failure too" he said emphasizing that four words.

My clench in pain as I look at his face "Y-You're not a failure, Natsu" I whispered under my breathe.

He laughs bitterly but a tear escaped from his eyes as he said "How can you still say that after all those years that I've hurt you? How can you still say that after I raped you? How can you still say that after the result of the operation to me? Can you even see what's going on, Lucy? Can you even see what kind of man I am?"

"You are Natsu Dragneel and that's what really matters to me"

"But for me, it's now," he said, frustration lacing his voice "You meant everything to me. And I promise to myself that the moment they removed my bandage I will ask you to be my wife again. But how can I do that? I can't even see your face!"

"Then asked me," I said "My answer will be the same as before"

He shook his head to me "Just leave me, Lucy"

"Why you keep on pushing me away?" I tried to swallow my own sobs but it too late for me because my tears keep on streaming down on my cheeks "I love you, Natsu"

The emotions in his eyes look pained as if I'm lashing him with my words and inflicting hurt on him. As I looked at his face, I can see that his debating himself whether he will let go or he will keep on holding on to me.

"I still want to be with you, Lucy" he whispers. I can feel my heart sinking as I realize that he's not choosing what I want.

It's funny how it always comes to this. That I am willing to risk everything just to be with him but he's not ready to do the same.

I know that when I returned to his side it will be my biggest risk. I know that he's not ready to be with me. I know that he was scared because of what he did to me before. I am willing to wait for him until he overcomes his fears of hurting me. I could wait forever if that's what he wants. But how can I wait for a person that won't let me wait beside him? How can I wait if he keeps on pushing me to think that I'm waiting for nothing?

"Natsu..." my voice laced with the pain coloring it.

"Please, Lucy"

"Natsu I'm pregnant"

I can never make him understand that he's worth taking a risk if he's not willing to help himself.

"If this is what you want... then okay," I say as I wipe my own tears "Just be happy"

The moment I stepped out of his room, I smile to my twin brother that is now looking on me, pain is also visible on his eyes as he looked at me "I can't make him understand me right" I say trying to smile as my tears keep on falling down.

Sting pulls me into a hug as I felt him kiss me on my temple "Just give him time, Princess"

I covered my mouth to stop my sobs but my tears keep on following the others "You guys will be happy soon"

I nodded.