Chapter 5

Have I mentioned how awkward it it sitting in between two people who hate each other's guts? Hella awkward, I tell you.

Charlotte Hudson and Ashton Burrow despised each other with a such intense hate that made the average human wonder what kind of horrid activities have transpired between them. Me and Charlie had arrived to class precisely on time. The desks seated four people and me and her took two of he seats, Rachael Baldwin, my occasional buddy had taken one at the far end and there was just one seat empty when the bell rung and the teacher walked in.

Minutes later, a very tousled looking Ashton appeared at the doorway, looking like he had run a marathon and apologizing to our teacher profusely. Mrs Schindler was very fond of Ashton in ways which made me shudder, she was a not very attractive older woman with a disfigured mop for hair....so the occasional flirting from a charm speaking devil of a boy was welcomed in her otherwise monotonous life.

She glared sternly at him and ordered him to sit in an empty seat. Ashton giving her one of his radiantly fake smiles sauntered into the classroom with ease but then froze when he realized that there was only one empty seat...and it was right next to his ex-girlfriend. Charlie had gone a very pale white, she jabbed me in the shoulder with her elbow as I let out a small yelp..

"Switch seats now!" She whisper-yelled into my ear as I rubbed my shoulder easing the pain.

I complained, "Alright, OKAY! No need to give me bruises"

We very ungracefully switched seats with her clenching my hand do tightly that my bones ought to break.

Ashton gulped and gingerly settled down beside of me,completely avoiding even looking at my best friend.

I crossed my arms and huffed as the whole class were murmuring at the unmistakable tension in the air. It was impossible to concentrate on what Mrs .Schindler was teaching when there where obvious waves of fury shooting out from the two people sitting at either side of me.

Mrs. Schindler stopped talking when there was a message from the office that she was needed and put the nerd kid, Jacob in charge of the class.

Everyone else started their chattering but things stayed silent on our table. It was unbearable how choking it was, my lungs needed air and I needed it now.

"So..." I started. Both of them shot me a glare at the same time, noticed that they had and then shot each other a knife like glare.

"The weather's lovely." I commented

Silence.

"Some people think rain is repulsive." Ashton muttered under his breath but because of the lack of noise, Charlie heard it and I could feel her fume.

She hated rain, the smell made her nauseous and her thoughts are that water gets your hair and clothes messy, why do that to yourself? Take refuge under an umbrella and I could not disagree more.

I was the exact opposite you see, I loved the fresh smell of dirt and that cooling moisture that was present in the air, when the colors of nature seemed to get more vibrant and that exorbitant pleasure of being soaked to the bone with pure water, washing away all your bad deeds. Rain and the rainy weather properly excited me and right now outside, dark clouds hovered above and It took no genius to predict that it was going to rain today

"Well some utterly foolish people believe Mother Nature is an actual living force and that rain occurs when she sheds tears of happiness or pain, and to add to the idiocy, you can feel it in the air! " Charlie muttered back, deliberately loud enough for Ashton to hear even if he wasn't trying to.