Chapter 1.

**New story. Sorry I haven't been on Wattpad lately. But now, this will be my primary writing website. I hope you like it! Leave feedback? That would be greatly appreciated.*

 Chapter 1.

Cameron.

I looked out the window of the crowded coffee house. I watched the rain smack against the windows and race down to the bottom only to land in huge puddles. I wasn't listening to my friends talking. I probably should have been, but I wasn't. I didn't want to. I only heard fractions of sentences.

"The party....drink up....dancing.....sexy girls....." And that's the reason I tuned them out. And partially because I was wondering what I was doing here. I looked at the clock on the wall to the right of me. It was 7:00 pm. Everyone was starting to come downtown, so the roads were backed up. I wondered how I'd get my car out of the narrow space I'd parked it in. 

 I looked around the cafe. Everyone was talking and laughing and gossiping. All I was doing was wishing I was at home, or apologizing to Shannon for breaking up with her so harshly. That's probably another reason why I was kind of out of it. 

---Flashback to this morning---

"But I don't know what I did wrong." Shannon didn't mind the tears streaming down her face. I reached over to wipe them, but she turned her head. "I don't get why I wasn't good enough for you." 

"Shannon, I wasn't cheating." I said quietly but defiantly. 

"What do you call it then? Experimenting?" She snapped. I wanted to say yes, because that's exactly how I thought of it. But instead, I didn't say anything. I just stood there, looking at her blankly. I didn't know what to say. I came up with something that sounded right in my head.

"W-we can still be-"

"Don't say it." She interrupted. "I've been through enough." She cried. "I'd never be friends with you. Ever. Again." She turned on her heel and walked away.

---End of flashback---

And even now, those words kept replaying in my head. 

"I'd never be friends with you." It was like that was my least favorite song on my iPod, but it continued to switch to it when I hit the Shuffle button.

As I was remembering this morning, a pregnant teenager, probably about my age,  walked in the room, soaking wet. Her hair stuck to her face with water and her shoes made squeaky noises as she walked. Her makeup ran down her face, and she looked like she'd been crying by the looks of her puffy red eyes and tear stained cheeks. 

I had to look away. Because I knew that I'd hurt Shannon just as bad as this girl was hurt.