Chapter 5

Cameron

I heard footsteps on the floor. I turned around from the stove from where I was making Mickey Mouse pancakes for the two of us. Anna appeared in the doorway. She was dressed and her hair was straight and she looked beautiful.

"I-I was just making breakfast." I said, getting lost in her vanilla perfume. 

"I know." She smiled. "You might want to check on that." She pointed to the pan where the pancakes were burning.

"Shit." I said under my breath. "I don't really make pancakes often." I mumbled. 

"I could help you."

"Do you make them a lot?" I said as I dumped the pancakes into the trash can. She walked up and stood next to me. 

"Oh, please. I'm a pro." She took the pan from me and sprayed it. I watched her pour the batter into Mickey Mouse pancakes that looked a hell of a lot better than mine did. "You can sit down, you know." 

"Right." I stumbled backwards and turned around on my heel to walk towards the table in the corner of the room. Was I starting to like Anna? I went over what happened.

First, I walked up to her and apologized for my friends. Then, I bought her a hot chocolate. And then, I held her in my arms while she cried her heart out. Next, she drove me home. And now, I end up sleeping with her. Well, not like that. But we were still in the same bed. And we were sleeping. And now I'm-well, she's- making breakfast for the both of us.

Would I be going through all of this trouble for someone I didn't really like? 

"Yoohoo," I heard Anna's voice distantly. "Cameron." 

I looked at her and she was already sitting down at the table, setting the plates down. 

"Sorry. I was just... thinking." I turned around so that I was facing the table. "Wow. When you said you were a pro, you weren't kidding." I looked up at her and she smiled.

"Actually, I was kidding." She laughed quietly to herself. "Wow." She mumbled.

"What?" I looked at her. She was blushing.

"Darren never made me smile and laugh like you do." She was looking down at her plate, and her long blonde hair was covering her eyes. I tucked it behind her ear so that I could see her face. She lifted her head so that she looked in my eyes.

"Well," I started. "I guess that's one of the many differences Darren and I have."  

"I guess it is." 

When we were done eating our pancakes, which were really good, by the way, we stayed at the table and talked.

"So, when does your friend get home?" I asked Anna. 

"In about 3 days. But don't worry. I'll stay at like a hotel or something. You won't have to deal with me being here. I know, I'm a pain."

"No, you're not!" I disagreed. "You don't have to stay anywhere else but here. I like the company." I told her. She got up and took our plates, putting them into the dishwasher. 

"Well I still feel like I'm bothering you." She said and turned back around. She was standing at the counter, leaning against it.

"You're not. Trust me." I stood up and walked over to her. "You can stay here for as long as you want. I told you, I like the company. I'm always alone here." 

"Really?" She looked at me. "I thought you would have had a girlfriend." She said and blushed right when she said it. She covered her face by looking down so her hair covered it. 

"You look cute when you blush." I lifted her chin with my index finger. "I don't have a girlfriend."

But I want you to be mine, I wanted to say. I looked at her. Did I just think that? I just met her yesterday, but I feel like I've known her for a while. 

She was blushing even harder when I said that. 

"Why did you think that I would?" I asked out of curiousity. She shrugged.

"I don't know. You just seem like a charmer." And once again, her cheeks turned red.

"Why, have I charmed you?" I smiled at her. "Have I put you under my spell? Have I made you fall madly in love with me by just looking at you?" 

She was laughing at what I was saying. She looked away.

"Hey, what is it?" I asked when she stopped laughing. "What's up?" 

"Nothing." She wiped a tear from her eye. 

"You know you can tell me anything."

"Nothing. I've just been stressed out lately." She lifted her hand to massage her shoulder. 

"You're a pro at making pancakes." I stated, remembering earlier before. "But I, on the other hand, give a killer massage." I took her hand and went into the bedroom. I sat her down at the edge and went on my knees behind her. I massaged her shoulders and around her neck. She had a little figure, so it was easy to work with. 

"Where did you learn to do that?" She said while I continued. 

"When my mom was going to have my brother, she was really stressed out. So one day, I just went up to her where she was sitting. I sat behind her just like I am now, and did it like I'd seen in a couple of movies." I remembered when I was 16 years old on that very day. "And she'd told me that I was better than the guys at the spa."

"Well, she wasn't lying." 

After her massage, she looked way less tense. 

"Is that better?" I asked her. She nodded. I moved back so that she could sit on the bed. I crossed my legs, copying what she just did. 

"So, tell me the gossip." I said in a girly voice. She started laughing. "Oh my God, did you hear what Leigh did!?" She laughed even harder. 

"I'm just kidding. I don't talk like that." I told her while she was still laughing.

"I know." Her laughing went down a little bit. She was so cute when she laughed.

"Thank you." She said and blushed. I said that out loud? 

"I didn't mean to say that." 

"What, so I'm not cute when I laugh?" She teased.

"Yes, you are." I laughed. "Nevermind."

"Wow, Cameron." She said and smiled at me. "You're quite a looker when you laugh, yourself." 

"Oh, I know." I said in the girly voice. "You don't have to tell me that." She laughed again. 

"Stop! You're making my stomach hurt." She said when she finally stopped laughing. I just smiled at her.

I really wanted to kiss her.

Woah. Did I really just think that? I looked away and out the window. 

I couldn't kiss her because she would be uncomfortable. She would feel awkward. Especially since I'd just met her yesterday. I wouldn't feel awkward, because I was the one kissing her. I shook my head, trying to clear those thoughts out of my head.

"Cameron." Anna said. "Earth to Cameron." 

"Do you want to go for a walk?" I asked, sounding stupid when I did. 

"Sure." She laughed. "That would be nice."