Chapter 6

Anna

Cameron reached for my hand as we walked down the path at the park. It was almost empty because the kids were back in school by now. I held his warm hand in mine. 

"We have the park to ourselves." Cameron said. I looked up at him and he smiled down at me. He squeezed my hand.

I looked up at the sky. The sun almost blinded me. I watched a family of geese fly across the sky, signing their loud songs out of tune. The wind blew my hair all around. I reached up with my free hand to pull it over my shoulder to try to stop it. 

"Let's go on the swings!" I said and ran ahead of Cameron. "Catch me if you can!" I called over my shoulder. I felt Cameron's footsteps close behind me and he wrapped his arms around me and picked me up.

"I caught you. Where's my prize?" He put me over his shoulder so that my stomach was on his shoulder. 

"Put me down or... I'll bite you!" He put me down.

"Woah. Uncool. Those were fighting words." 

I laughed and walked to the swings. I sat down the swing farthest left. I pulled my legs up and put them on the swing next to me.

"You can't sit next to me." I giggled. He walked over and looked around. 

"Oh, was someone sitting here?" He was about to sit in my legs when I pulled them down.

"Don't sit on me!" I squealed and laughed. In the action of swinging my legs off the swing, I fell flat on my butt. I pouted up at Cameron. "Look at what you did!" 

"What I did!? Prove me wrong, but you're the one on the ground." He smirked.

"Help me up." I said with the pouty face on. He stood up. 

"Oh, the little baby needs help."

"Both of us do." I put my hand on my tummy. 

"Right." He put his right arm under my knees and his left arm slipped behind my back. He lifted me up like a baby and set me down gently on the swing. He walked behind me and pushed my swing. I started pumping my legs so that I could do it without him. After I was high enough, he sat down on his own swing and got as high as I was within a minute. 

"Look! We're married!" He laughed when we were at the same height, going at the same rate. We laughed together as we swung. 

"Not anymore!" I started getting lower than him.

After a while of swinging, he jumped off. 

"Okay, I am not trying that." I said as he stood in front of me.

"Chicken!" 

"Excuse me, sir. But I have a baby in my stomach!" I stopped myself by pressing my feet into the little pebbles. I walked next to Cameron and he took my hand. 

"Where to, princess?" Cameron asked.

"To the bridge." I said when we got on the path. "Carry me!" I walked behind him and put my hands on his shoulders and jumped up on his back. His hands held on to my legs. I wrapped my arms around his neck. 

"You're gonna choke me!" He teased. Even though he was kidding, I loosened my grip. 

"Me sowwy!" I said in a baby voice. 

I kept thinking about how I never felt this way with Darren. I never felt like a princess like Cameron made me feel. Every time I kissed Darren, I felt heavy or like I didn't want to be there. Cameron made me feel light as a feather. And I definitely wanted to be here. 

After being with Cameron for less than 24 hours, I really was starting to like him. 

We got to the bridge over the river and he set me down. 

"Pay up, doll." He held his hand out and I high-fived it.  "Ehh, it'll work for now." 

I walked up to the railing and looked at the river. It was silent for a while. 

"Cameron." I said. He walked up next to me and looked down at the river, too. A little family of ducks came from under the bridge and kept on swimming. "Darren never made me feel like you make me feel." I said and felt my cheeks turn bright red. 

"And what's that?" I felt his eyes on me, now. 

"Like a princess." I said and smiled. I finally brought my head up and looked at him. 

"How did Darren make you feel?" 

I looked back down at the river. It wasn't moving. I pulled my hair over to my left shoulder because it was bothering me. A tear escaped my right eye and fell into the river. I watched the little rings form around where it dropped. "He made me feel like a slave. I always had to try my hardest to please him." I looked up at Cameron. "I know I sound crazy since I only met you less than a day ago. But there's a bond between us already. I feel like I don't have to work to please you." 

"You don't. You're pleasing me by just staying here." He said. I looked at him. "Just tell me how you feel." He said. 

"I really like you." I looked into his dark brown eyes. I looked back down at the river. Another tear escaped. "Please tell me you feel the same." Rain started coming down hard out of no where. 

His fingers lifted my chin up so that I was looking at him. He put his hands on my waist and leaned in. I closed my eyes when our lips touched. I felt a kick. I pulled away and smiled at him. 

"I felt it." He nodded and leaned in again. 

For the first time in my life, I actually felt a spark as our lips met. 

That had to mean something, didn't it?

*****please leave feedback :) i want to know what you think!