Chapter Six

Chapter Six:

I’m at school and it is last period on a Friday. I have a free period but have to stay at school for it and have to be in a classroom. I can’t stop playing with the gold heart necklace that Stefan gave me.

“Mr. Enders? Can I have the bathroom pass?” I ask and he nods. When I get out the door I take out my cell phone and text Stefan.

Meet me at my locker.

the text says. I get a text from Stefan and it says, Be there in 2. I walk to my locker. When Stefan gets there I am pacing.

“Hey, what’s up?” I stop pacing but I don’t say anything I just have a worried look on my face.

“L, what’s wrong?” he asks.

“I….I don’t know if I can do this anymore.”

“Lex.” he says before I cut him off.

“Stefan, I just….I just don’t know what to.”

“Lex, can we just talk about this?”

“Stefan I can’t keep lying, I just can’t. But Stefan.”

“Yeah L?”

“You know that I care about and love you and I always will, right?”

“Yeah, I know and I love and care about you too and I always will. Wait L, are you breaking up with me.” He asks me.

“Yes Stefan, yes I am.”

“L, don’t do this. Please.”

“Stefan, I…..I have to.” I give him one last and long kiss goodbye. After I do that I give him a big hug and then walk away. The last bell of the day rings and I go out to my car. As soon as I get in my car I turn it on and drive to the park.

Once I get to the park I go to a bench and sit down. I start balling my eyes out as soon as I sit down. I can tell without looking in a mirror that my eyes are red.

“Tissue?” someone says.

“Thanks.” I say as I take the tissue.

“Are you okay?” he asks.

“Yeah, I’m fine.”

“I don’t think that you are. By the way my name is Drew.”

“My name is Lexie. Nice to meet you.”

“So Lexie, what are you doing here?”

“I just……I just……” I say and start crying again. He sits down next to me.

“That’s okay you don’t have to talk about whatever it is.”

“No, I should. I have to get over it.”

“Do you maybe want to get a bite to eat and talk?”

“Sure, that would be nice.” We get up and start walking to the coffee house and it takes awhile so we start talking.

“Can I ask you a question?” Drew asks.

“Sure.”

“You don’t have to answer, but why were you crying?” he asks.

“It’s a long story.” I say.

“I have plenty of time.” he says.

“Okay. About a month and a half ago my boyfriend and I each accidentally skipped a big family thing and our parents forbid us from seeing each other. The night that I went to talk to him and tell him that I couldn’t see him anymore he told me the same thing. But we talked and decided that we would keep dating but in secret and only tell our best friend. The day after he told me that me loved me I think that my mom found out that I was still seeing him.

“Anyway at that point it was getting hard for me to keep lying. I kept lying thinking that it would get easier but it didn’t it kept getting harder. And I was starting to get the feeling that my mom had finally figured it out. Last night I made one of the hardest decisions that I have ever made and it was something that I didn’t want to do but I had to.

“So today last period at school I had a free period and I wanted to talk to my boyfriend. I talked to him and I broke up with him. I know that it was the right thing to do but I can’t get the way he looked at me after I told him out of my mind.” I say.

“That must have been really hard for you to do and now I know why you were crying. I’m sorry.”

“I’m sorry I know that you probably were bored through all of that.”

“No really, its fine and I hope that you feel better now that you have talked.”

“I do, I feel much better. Thanks again for listening.”

“Really its not a problem. My ex never talked about how she felt.” he says.

“Oh, I’m sorry. When did you two break up?”

“Yesterday, actually and it was a good thing.”

“I’m so sorry. What happened? If you don’t mind my asking?”

“No its fine that you ask. Well she was cheating on me and I found out yesterday and I broke up with her.”

“I’m sorry. that’s really awful.”

“No, its okay its better that I found out now rather than in a few months.”

“Well that’s good that you found out now. I don’t really know you but you are so sweet I don’t know how anyone could do that to you.” I say and then smile.

“Thank you. I don’t know you that well but that’s sweet of you to say. I would like to get to know you better. Would you like to go out sometime?” he says and smiles back at me.

“I would like to get to know you better too. I would love to go out with you sometime. So what school do you go to?”

“I go to Clove Beach High School, but I’m transferring to Laguna Beach High School. I’m transferring because I like Laguna Beach High better. Where do you go?”

“I go to Laguna Beach High, I have always went there. Do you play any sports?”

“Yeah, actually I play football and basketball. Do you play any sports?”

“I play soccer in the fall, in the winter I am a cheerleader, and in the spring I play volleyball. My last name is Johnson. What’s yours?”

“Parker. Do you want my number so that we can go out sometime?” he asks

“Yeah. Here is my number.”

“And this is my number. Do you want me to walk you back to your car?”

“Sure, I would like that.”