Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thieen:

Two weeks later

After Drew threw a birthday party for me, we have been spending every day together and I love it. I think that tonight is going to be a night that I will always remember because I’m going to tell Drew that I’m in love with him. He is picking me up soon and we are going to his house and we are sitting out by the pond. His family is going to be gone until tomorrow so they won’t be there. Drew picks me up and we head to his house.

“I have a surprise for you.” Drew says.

“Let me guess you’re not going to tell me.”

“And you are right.” he gives me a quick kiss. We get to his house and go out to the pond and sit on the bench near the pond.

“I love sitting out here.”

“I love spending any time with you.” We have been walking for awhile when we sit down in the grass. I lean into Drew and put my arms around him and I start to cry.

“Lex, what’s wrong?”

“I don’t know, I’m just so happy to be here, to be here with you.” I say.

“Me too. I wish that we could stay like this forever.” he says and he wraps his arms around me and holds me tight. All that I can think is how long I want this to last, just Drew and I sitting together. Drew is still holding me tight when I say what I’m thinking.

“Drew, I’m falling in love with you. You are the greatest guy that any girl could ever want and you’re mine.” Drew looks at me.

“I know exactly what you are feeling because I feel the same. I really truly am falling in love with you too.”

“Drew I love that whenever I’m around you I can be myself, I don’t have to be someone that I’m not. I’m totally and completely comfortable around you, I feel, I know that I can talk to you about anything and you will actually listen to what I’m saying. I know that I can trust you and not have to worry about you doing anything to hurt me. I will never ever hurt you the way your last girlfriend did. I will never hurt you period, I cant imagine ever hurting you in any way.”

“Lex, I cant stop myself from being a total idiot around you and that’s one of the things that I love about you too. I’m my total stupid self and its hard from me to show that side of myself. But when I’m with you I have no problem. And I love that whenever I see you, you light up my day.”

“Drew, one of the things that I love about you is that your smile always cheers me up no matter what. When I was with Stefan I thought that his smile could always light up my day or make me feel better but it didn’t. and that’s something that I need. I need to be able to be happy with the person that I love even if I’m fighting with them.”

“Since I met you Lexie, you have been able to be who I truly am and I know that you love me the way that I am. When I was with my ex, I didn’t feel like myself it felt like she wanted me to be someone that I’m not. Then I move here and I meet you and I feel like myself again. Everyone always says that they will love you for you, but not everyone really means it. The only people that really mean it are the people that actually care about you. I know that you will be there for me every step of the way and I will be there for you. I love you Lexie.”

“I love you too Drew so, so much.” We kiss.

“Okay, here is your surprise.” Drew says. And he holds out a little red box.