The Last Last Song

You walk out onto the stage wearing acid wash skinny jeans and A stripped and knotted nirvana shirt with Black and White high tops. You held an acoustic guitar in your left hand. Walking up to the mic you say, "This next song is very special to me."

You begin strumming on the Guitar.

Choke try to wash you down with some-thing strong

Dry but the taste of blood remains

All these cold Empty mattresses and falling stars

My how they start to look the same

You try to hold the tears back. "You can do it. Just smile. Look happy." you think

A million hooks around a million ways to die

Darling it's cold outside

Oh god. You can't do this. "Just finish the song. Since when were you so weak"

No

No more Eyes to see the Sun

You slide into bed while I get dru-unk

Slow conversations with the gun mean more

Than I've ever said to anyone

A salty tear runs down your cheek. you look to the side and see the apparition of your dead best friend, Connor.

"I-I'm sorry but I can't do this." you jump off the stage and run out of the doors and into the woods behind the Hall. You don't stop running until you find the comfort of a familiar willow tree and the sound of a babbling brook.

You sit under the willow and feel its bark for an indentation. You find the heart with a C and a __ carved into the middle. You rub it with your thumb, trying to memorize every detail about it. That was the last time you saw him with a smile, he was practically glowing. You jump hearing a twig snap. "I wonder who has come to pity me now"you think. the voices in your head dripping with bitterness.

"_____, are you alriight? What happened back there? Are you cryiing?" It was Sollux. You turn to face him.

"I'm fine. It's okay" your voice cracked.

"Ii 2eriiou2ly doubt that everything ii2 fiine. You can talk to me." Oh god that lisp. Even when you're bawling, that lisp is so nice to hear.

"No it's okay, really." You turn back to the tree. You hear him sit down behind you. Next thing you know two strong arms are wrapped around you and you're pulled into the lap of Sollux Captor.

"The voiice2 2ay you're lyiing. They 2ay you 2aw 2omethiing. Wiill you tell me what you 2aw."

"Well I saw my best friend."

"2o?"

"He died 8 years ago. And this is the first time I've seen him since then. I've tried so hard to make contact with him for 8 years and he decided to show up now. When I'm singing a song that was dedicated to him. I miss him so much. Even at that age I loved him more than I loved myself." you begin to sob. Your breaths are racking and violent.

"Plea2e don't cry." Sollux out your head on his chest. You felt safe and you calmed down a bit. "Wiill you fiinii2h the 2ong for me? ii would love to hear iit."

You take a deep breath and started to sing.

Choke, tried to wash you down with something strong

Dry but the taste of blood remains

Cold, empty mattresses and falling stars

My, how they start to look the same

So keep in happiness