chapter nine

Chapter nine

Greyson came home at night, a happy look on his face.

Danielle was upstairs in her room. She was reading a novel that she borrowed from Emma.

Greyson tiptoed upstairs. He entered the room. Ronan was in his room, sleeping. Greyson slipped into bed and kissed Danielle softly on the cheek. Danielle gasped, startled.

“What-?”

She turned and saw Greyson, grinning mischievously.

“Are you surprised?” Greyson asked.

Danielle smiled. “ I am.”

“ You look pretty tonight.” Greyson smiled.

Danielle blushed.

“I have been such a bummer these past days, and I think I owe you an apology.” Greyson said, stoking Danielle's hair.

“That’s okay.” Danielle said. “I understand that you have problems to worry about.”

Greyson kissed Danielle on her hand. “You always understand me.”

Danielle smiled.

“I'm so sorry I made you cry baby.”

“You know?”

Greyson nodded. “I can see it in your eyes.” he sighed. “I’ve thought about what you said, and, well, it’s just that, recently, I feel like I'm not me anymore. I never get to spend time with Ronan, or you, sometimes I don’t even have time for myself.”

Greyson's eyes started to water. “I don’t know what's happening to me. I feel like such a total jerk. And I made everyone hate me. Including you.”

Danielle pulled Greyson into an embrace.

“I don’t hate you Grey.”

Greyson cuddled up to Danielle, stroking her soft cheeks.

“You said so before.”

“I'm sorry, I was so angry at you back then, but I didn’t mean it.”

 “I'm sorry Danny, truly I am.” Greyson said sadly.” I love you baby. If it wasn’t for you I don’t know what would’ve happen to me.”

Danielle smile. “I love you too. And I forgive you.”

Greyson rested his head on Danielle's shoulder. He pulled Danielle's chin closer to his, kissing her on the lips. Their lips brushed softly against one another.

Danielle chuckled. Greyson pushed his lips harder on Danielle's. Suddenly, Danielle pulled back, placing a finger on Greyson's lips.

“Why?” Greyson asked, frustrated.

“Not now.” Danielle smiled.

“But why?” Greyson asked again.

“You still owe me one.”

Greyson sighed. “What is it?”

“If you want me, then bring me and Ronan for a vacation.” Danielle grinned.

“A vacation? But now are working days! I don’t have time to go on a vacation.”

Danielle sulked.

Greyson looked at Danielle's sad face. He smiled.

“I think I could take a day off this week. How’s that?”

Danielle cheered up.

“That would be perfect.”

Greyson smiled. “So can I get my kiss now or what?”