Chapter 12

~5 years later~
~Vic's POV~

Daniel has grown up so much in the past five years. For being a five year old, he's pretty smart. Lately, he's been asking about his mom. I can tell Kellin's bothered about it, giving his and Saige's past. We won't tell him about her until he's older. All he needs to know right now is that he has two dads.

"Vic, what time does Daniel's school start?" Kellin asked.

"In..... 20 minutes, babe."

"Shit!"

He ran upstairs to get him ready. First day of school. Such a big milestone for all of us. A knock came at the door and I got up from my chair to answer it. Matty stood there with his new girlfriend, Jaz. I moved aside to let them in.

"Shouldn't you have already left and walked him to his class by now?" Matty asked.

"We lost track of time. Kellin's already stressed out and he hasn't even gotten to school yet."

"That's Kells for ya. Trust me, he wasn't this stressed when he liked you. But then again, Kells stresses about everything."

I nodded my head in agreement. Oh, the many times he freaked out when Dan was a baby.

~Flashback~

"Babe! Call 911! Daniel just swallowed a fucking marble!"

"Kellin, he'll poop it out sooner or later. We don't need to call the ambulance."

"What if it clogs him up?! Then what do we do?!"

"Calm down. You're scaring him. He'll be fine. Mike used to do this all the time and he turned out slightly OK."

~End Flashback~

Kellin came down with Dan and quickly said hi to Matty and Jaz. Dan went up to Matty and sat on his lap.

"Uncle Matty, its my first day of school! I'm a big kid now!" Dan said.

"I know. Are you excited?" Matty asked.

"Yeah, but I think Daddy isn't excited because he was crying when he was getting me dressed."

"Daddy was crying?" I asked.

He nodded his head. I walked to the kitchen where Kellin was making Dan's lunch. I wrapped my arms around his waist and pulled him close.

"Are you OK, babe?" I said in a low voice.

"No. I'm not OK. Our little baby is going to school and I can't deal."

"Its only for three hours, babe. Not for forever. And just think, we'll have some 'alone time'."

He turned around and gave me a kiss. "You naughty little sexican. Alright, let's get him to school."

We walked back to the living room, where Jaz was chasing him around. She grabbed him and started to tickle him. His giggle filled up the room. He escaped from her arms and ran behind me.

"Papá, don't let Auntie Jaz get me!"

I laughed."Come on, Dan. It's time to get in the car and go to school."

He ran out the door and to the car. We followed him and got in the car. Matty and Jaz sat next to him while me and Kellin sat in the front. I pulled out of the driveway and drove to his school.

~5 minutes later~
~Kellin's POV~

OMG I just wanna cry. After dropping Dan off at his class, he gave us all a hug and ran to go play with the toys. No tears from him because "Daddy! Papá! TOYS!" I've been replaced by toys. We walked back to the car and drove home.