Make Up Gift

After leaving the house I walked into the forest. I made sure to keep my eyes on the floor. Looking for any signs of animal remains.
My Idea for Pete's make up gift was a necklace of bones. Hand picked, and made of course. I mean we all know that store bought shit is fake.
I was actually doing pretty good. All I needed was a skull for the center of it now. I wanted a nice skull though. Like an owls skull. Thoughts are usually just big enough depending on the owl type.
To just my luck I came across one with only a few maggots on it. Taking out a water bottle, I poured some water on it, and then the maggots were gone. They had clean the skull pretty good. Nature... gotta love it.
I walked a bit farther than say down at the base of a good sized oak tree. I took out the large amount of bones, and the skull I collected. I set them both beside me as well as the needle and thread, and small drill I had grabbed from the house earlier.
I started drilling holes in the bones, and lacing them through with thread. It took about an hour or so to complete, but the finished product looked amazing. The skull in the middle really did it justice.On the underside of the skull I figured I should do something so Pete will remember who gave it to him, and why.
I thought for a few minutes about what it should be and then it hit me. I took out a small pocket knife I usually keep in my bag and flicked it open. I then sliced the pad of my thumb open just enough to bleed and let it coat my entire thumb pad. After I put the bloody print of my thumb on the underside of the skull.
Feeling satisfied with my work I got up of the ground and brushed myself off with my free hand. I then picked up my bag, and started walking out of the forest bones in one hand bag in the other.
Looking up at the sky it seemed to be about noon. I figured Pete would be home about now so I walked towards his home. I looked at a group of kids walking by. They're was one that caught my eye on account of his obesity. The others seemed pretty annoyed with him except the one in orange that seemed he could care less. He seemed to be staring at something. I then averted my eyes very quickly realizing it was me.
After that incident I pretty much just kept my eyes down at the ground the entire way to Pete's. Only looking up once I reached his door to knock.
There was shortly after an answer of who's there, and I replied with scarlet. The door opened to reveal Pete had been the one to call out.
Realizing I had no idea what to say I just held out the hand with the bone peace offering. He gave me a funny look, and instead of accepting made a motion for me to enter. To which I did.
He then led me to the living room, and motion for me to sit on the couch. So again I did.
After I did there was an awkward silence. So I just held out my peace offering once again.
He once again made a funny face, but accepted this time looking at it. He then looked at my hand which I had not had a chance to tend to yet. It was slightly still bleeding, and because of that I had streaks of blood running across it.
To distract him from him I uttered out an almost inaudible, "Sorry". To which apparently gave him some realization of why I was here.
He shook his head, and said,"There was really no need Scarlet. You did nothing wrong. You just love Michael. No biggie."
I sighed in relief, and gave a small smile good. "So your not mad, that's great I was afraid it'd be weird between us after what happened. Though it eases the mind to know it's not."
He nodded almost emotionally. "Thanks, for the necklace though. However I want to know how you, and Michael are doing." I frowned at Pete's words. I wasn't exactly sure how me and Michael were right now. I'd kissed him, and had been completely rejected.
I looked up at Pete and decided to be honest. "I kissed him this morning, but after he wouldn't even look at me. I mean I know I had no right to do it just because he said he loved me. I just couldn't help it though." I really thought about it, but could only say,"I really don't know..."