Confusion

A few days after fixing things with Pete I was lazing around my house when I heard a knock at the door. It wasn't Michael like I was hoping since we hadn't spoken since that day with Pete, but Firkle.
I looked down at him, and said "Hello kiddo". He quirked an eyebrow, and grabbed my hand. I laughed," What is it Firkle?" He shook his head, and proceeded to tug on my hand. Getting the picture I told him to wait a second, and went to grab my things. Locking my door behind me, and grabbing his hand for him to lead me where ever he thought suitable.
He usually has a reason for what he does, and so I tend to just trust him. We didn't talk much as we walked, as we usually don't. Though I would catch slight glimpses of contented facial expressions from him every so often.
I decided I wouldn't comment, as this is an insanely rare sight that he wouldn't let most see. Though I do treasure these moments with him. It's as if he's my child. I would most certainly die for this boy. Even if he took it for granted, or stepped over my dead body with no remorse. I would do anything to protect him. Isn't that what parents do.
I stopped Firkle for a moment and turned him to look at me. I look deep into his eyes and smiled. I then hugged him tightly. "Firkle, I love you. I want you to know I'd kill for you. That I'd die for you. Even if you'd turn a blind eye to it. Life truly is misery. The world only brings pain, but know this. You've brought me happiness in what I saw was only darkness. Thank you."
When I said what I needed, I got up and took his hand again. He looked at me for some time with big eyes before again taking the lead to where ever it was we were going.
He stopped after a while coming to a bench. It was located near the road. I assumed it was some sort of bus stop. He patted the bench for me to sit. I sighed with Relief to finally take a break. He then laid his head on my shoulder. I patted his hair.
"Scarlet, Michael loves you." I hummed in agreement. "So why are you guys not talking?" This made me stumble a bit but I recovered with," I think he just needs some time to think." Firkle nodded.
"You know you guys would be cute." I agreed.
I couldn't reply though. I was so confused on whether or not he really wanted to be with me that I never could pin point how I felt. I know I love him, but what's the point of love if your loved one doesn't love you back. Absolutely nothing.
In the end Firkle said, "Scarlet, just ask him to be with you." I nodded. The decision was made by a kindergoth. Oh hell what am I about to do.