Pete And I

A week had passed since I had really spent any time with the goths. Well other than Michael, but he was beginning to be my only connection to them it seemed.

I hadn't seen Firkle since he said he needed time to dwell on his inner being, or Henrietta since her mother grounded her for cussing her brother out. Not that she actually took the punishment. Her conformist mother just wouldn't let us past the door.

So I was just alone tonight. As was the norm after a shift at bennys.

Not that I was complaining. I can't deny how bad my feet ache after a shift, or how uncomfortable I feel having my scars out in the open. No one said work was fun, but hell the pain was excruciating.

I just wish I could get payed for raising hell. I think I'd be an exceptional heir to cthulu.

I giggled to myself at that thought. What if I was another dimensional creatures love child. I wonder if I'd have to put with this much conformist shit. Maybe I am, and that just comes with the job description... Pfft, I doubt it.

As I stared off into space on my living room couch smoking a cigarette I heard a knock at my door. Turning my head in that direction I got up, and answered it. To my surprise it was pete.

Usually it's Michael at this hour. I gave pete a weak smile, and step to the side to let him in. He nodded, and walked in my door.

To be honest I was slightly confused on why Pete would be on my doorstep at this hour. He usually doesn't talk to me. Let alone visit me. So when he casually sat on my couch I was waiting for him to put into words the reasoning for his visit.

He never did so as I awkwardly stood there in the silence of my living room doorway I offered him coffee. He replied with why not, and a shrug of his shoulders. Leaving me to quickly remove myself from the living room to do so.

I enjoyed the fact that I could get out of his intense stare if only for a moment. I did not like being studied. It was just a thing I couldn't handle. It was weird. As if the studier could see all of my mistakes.

I didn't have much more time to ponder the awkward moment in the living room before I felt a pair of hands over my eyes while I got the stuff for coffee.

"Guess who?" Pete said. I mentally rolled my eyes while answering in a sarcastic manner with,"Gee, I don't know. Could it be Pete?" To which he responded with a click of his tongue, and a yes. I turned around to face him, and said, "What?"

Pete looked at his feet. "I love you" he said in a small voice. Taken aback my eyes widened in shock. What the hell was I supposed to say. I loved Michael not him. Petes nothing more than a friend. I don't love him.

I walked over to him. Noticing I approached him he looked up at me. As calmly as I possibly could I nodded. I then opened my mouth to speak, but still found myself at a loss for words.

Pete the entire time just stared at me expectantly while I gathered my thoughts. "I...." I started,"I love Michael. I'm sorry." From what I observed it didn't seem to phase Pete at all. He simply nodded, and left my house. Leaving me to wonder when I became so desirable.