Chapter 10

Nina's P.O.V

"Where do you think she could be," Lydia asked me as we walked around the school for a second time. 

"I don't know we didn't get along for a while maybe Ethan or Aiden would know," I told her. 

"After what just happened you want to ask Aiden the one that caused this problem for help," she asked. 

"I don't know maybe we can find Ethan alone," I asked. 

"How," she asked.

"Danny," I told her. 

"I know exactly where he is come on let's go," Lydia said grabbing my arm and pulling me down the hallway.

We walked into the weight room and found Danny and guess who was with him. 

Ethan. 

"Hey Ethan can we talk to you real quick," I asked. 

"About what," he asked.

"About Melodie," Lydia told him.

"I'll be right back," he told Danny before walking into the hall with us. 

"Do you have any idea of where Melodie could be" I asked.

"You haven't found her yet," he asked.

"No, if we did why would we be asking you if you knew where she was," Lydia asked. 

"Did you check the library?" he asked. 

"Why would we check the library no one ever voluntarily goes to the library," I asked. 

"She loves to read genius and it's also the fact that no goes into the library," he told me. 

"Okay thank you, Ethan, let's go," Lydia said grabbing my arm and pulling me away.

Scott's P.O.V

"Sorry but I don't remember having any more appointments," Miss Morrell said as she turned to face me. 

"You sure cause I could use a little guidance right now," I told her. 

"Why are you bothering with me Scott when you know the clock is ticking. When you know someone else is going to be taken" she asked as she sat down. 

"By you," I told her.

"Come on Scott shouldn't you leave the integrations to someone like Stilinski," she asked. 

"Are you the one killing people?" I asked her. 

"Are you listening to my heart rate?" she asked. 

Her heart was completely steady. 

"No I'm not the one killing people," she told me and once again her heart stayed completely steady. "The truth is I'm the only thing that stands between Deucalion and the lives of your friends. I've been the one pulling the leash tight when they were salivating for a bite" she continued. 

"What do you mean," I asked. 

"He wants a true alpha in his pack. He thinks it's you and a little distraction like a few human sacrifices isn't going to persuade him from the prize" she told me. 

"I'm not an alpha," I told her. 

"But you're well on your way," she said. 

"Then what is he waiting for, what does he want me to do," I asked standing up and slamming my hands on the desk. 

"He wants to make a killer out of you. That's what he does" she said following my actions. 

"But if I kill someone then I can't be a true alpha right," I asked her. 

"Exactly you want the psychologist's perspective, he's an obsessive who both desires you and is threatened by you. If the obsessive can't have the object of his desire he chooses to destroy it instead. You'll either willingly become a pack of his pack or he'll make a killer out of you destroying your potential to be a true alpha" she told me.

"Neither of those is ever going to happen," I told her.

"Don't be so sure. You're playing his game and while you're trying to figure out what to do next he's thinking 10 moves ahead with checkmate already insight" she told me as she sat back down. 

I then got a text from Nina saying that they found Melodie and they were all in the library so that's where I decided to go.

Melodie's P.O.V

"Melodie there you are" Lydia called as she ran over to me pulling me into a hug. 

"Yeah I'm fine," I told her. 

"I texted Scott he's on his way and I was worried that Deucalion got to you why didn't you tell me where you were going," Nina asked her. 

"I wanted to be alone," I told her. 

Then Lydia turned around and began to walk away.

"Hey Lyds where are you going," I asked walking over to her. 

"I think I forgot something I have to go get it," she said as she walked out. 

Not even 5 seconds later Scott walked in. 

"Melodie you're okay" Scott said pulling me in for a bone-crushing hug. 

"Yeah, but I'll feel even better when I can breathe again," I told him. 

"Scott can you try not to kill her," Nina asked laughing. 

"Sorry," he said pulling away. 

"Thank you" I laughed. "Where did Stiles go I should probably apologize for how I was earlier," I asked Scott. 

"He took Cora home," he told me. 

I then felt a feeling I haven't felt in a long time. Jealousy. 

"Okay, I'll just wait to talk to him till later," I told Scott forcing my self to smile. 

Then we heard Lydia scream.

We ran back into the school and into the history room to see Aiden with his arm wrapped around Lydia while she talked to Miss Blake. 

"That's not going to do anything. I told you he's gone. Like the others taken" Lydia told her. 

"Okay, we're just trying to understand okay. All we know is that Mr. Westover didn't show up for class" Miss Blake told her as we pushed our way through the crowd gathering at the door.

"And the last time that happened was Mr. Harris. Anyone heard from him lately" Lydia asked. "He's gone and he's going to be the second murder," Lydia said walking over to the board and pointing at the two she drew on the board. 

"Lydia you wrote that number" Miss Blake told her. 

"Okay fine I'm psychic," Lydia told her. 

"You're psychic" Miss Blake asked amused. 

"I'm something" Lydia yelled. 

"A deputy and a teacher what's the pattern," Ethan asked as he walked up to us. 

"I don't know Scott told him.