Chapter 26

Melodie's P.O.V

The next day started out pretty normal. Stiles slept thru the night and woke up feeling perfectly fine. I was starting to think everything that was going on was just a spat of a couple bad dreams till we got to econ. Coach was being his usually self picking on everyone but when he got to Stiles. Stiles seemed so out of it. 

"Stilinski I asked you a question" coach yelled. 

"Uh sorry coach what was it" Stiles asked.

"Oh it was uh Stilinski are you paying attention back there" coach told him. 

"Oh well I am now" Stiles said nervously twirling his pencil. 

"Stilinski stop reminding me why I drink every night. Does anyone else want to answer the question on the board" Coach said as he walked back to his desk. 

Scott and I looked over at Stiles concerned.

"I'm okay I just fell asleep for a sec" he told us. 

"Dude you weren't asleep" Scott told him as he looked down at Stiles' notebook and back up at him trying to get him to look at what he wrote.

Stiles didn't want to talk about what happened so we didn't bring it up. We were at lunch with  trying to figure out what was going on. 

"Okay so what happens to a person who has a near death experience and comes out seeing things" Scott asked. 

"And is unable to tell what's real or not" Stiles added.

"And is being haunted by visions of dead relatives" Allison added.

"They're all locked up because they're insane" Isaac told them and I hit him in the back of the head. 

"Ha can you at least try to be helpful please" Stiles asked.

"For half my childhood I was locked in a freezer so being helpful is kind of a new thing for me so" Isaac said. 

"Dude we are you still milking that" Stiles asked. 

"Yeah we are still milking that" Isaac said back. 

"Hi sorry I couldn't help but overhear what you guys are talk about and I think I might actually know what you're talking about" Kira said as she stood at the end of our table. "There's a tibetan word for it. It's call bardo. It literally means in between state. The state between life and death" she told us. 

"And what do they call you" Lydia asked. 

"Kira" Scott said and everyone looked at him. "She's in our history class" he explained. 

"So are you talking bardo as in tibetan buddhism or indian" Lydia asked. 

"Either I guess, but all the stuff you guys were just saying it happens in bardo" she told us she she sat down next to Stiles. "There are different progressive states where you can have hallucinations. Some you see some you just hear and you can be visited by peaceful and wrathful deities" she continued. 

"Wrathful deities and um what are those" Isaac asked.

"Um like demons" she told us.

"Demons why not" Stiles said sarcastically. 

"Hold on if there are different progressive states then what's the last one" Allison asked. 

"Death you die" she told us and everyone just kind of looked at each other.

Stiles' P.O.V

Scott and I decided to go talk to Deaton to see if he knew anything about what's going on.