Chapter 30

*The next morning*

Once again I left Kira with a quick goodbye to her and her parents before running out to my car and driving as fast as legally possible to the preserve. I parked my car and got out like everyone else. 

"Anyone else think we might be doing more harm than good" Lydia asked.

 "We're trying to keep a father from killing his own daughter," Scott told her.

"Actually we are trying to keep a guy from killing a coyote who's actually his daughter who we don't know how to change from a coyote back to his daughter," Isaac said. 

"And again with the not helping," Stiles said. 

"Can you two at least try to get along for once?" I asked. 

Stiles and Isaac just exchanged dirty looks. 

"Did you bring it?" Scott asked Allison ignoring their childish behavior. 

She didn't say anything she just pulling out the tranquilizer gun. She seemed really nervous but I didn't blame her who wouldn't be acting that way if their dead aunt was haunting them. We heard a shot being fired off in the distance and we knew we had to act quickly. Scott hoped on his bike and sped away with Isaac chasing after him. I sighed before taking off running too.

Stiles' P.O.V

Oh great, she ran off in the woods again. Well, at least it isn't night this time. I'm also not alone this time either. I tried to call my dad to see what was going on. 

"It took the doll again. What the hell is so important about this doll" I asked after he explained what was going on. 

"I don't know but listen to me there are traps all over those woods. Near the trails probably near the car crash and Tate's out there with a rifle. I want you to stay out of those woods you got that" he told me. "Stiles," he asked when I didn't answer him.

"It's the doll," I said hanging up the phone. "It's the doll," I asked confused. "Alright, but why would it go all the way to the school and then all the way back to the house just for a doll. One that was in the car wreck in the first place we didn't find it in the coyote den" I asked. 

"It likes the doll who cares," Lydia told me.

"Yeah, it likes the doll a lot," I told her. 

"What kind of doll is it," Lydia asked. 

"I don't know it's a doll. You know it's got little arms, a big baby head, dead soulless eyes. Actually, I took a pic" I told her going through my phone to find it. "Here," I said showing it to her. 

"That's Malia," she asked pointing at her in the picture. 

"Yeah, that's the jacket and scarf we found in the den," I told her. 

"Stiles she's not holding the doll," she told me. 

"That's Malia's younger sister. It was her doll" I said then I finally realized what was going on. "I know what she's doing," I told Lydia.

"What," she asked confused. 

"I know where she's going," I told her. 

"Where," Lydia asked. 

"The car wreck," I told her. 

"You have to tell Scott," she told me so I pulled out my phone and tried to call him. 

"Hey, Scott it's me you gotta call me back as soon as you can. It wasn't Malia's doll it was her sister's. Malia left it in the car for her sister it's like bringing flowers to a grave okay and we stole the flowers so that's all she's trying to do alright bring the doll back to the grave. Back to the car wreck. That's where she's heading. The car wreck" I said before hanging up. 

"Stiles," Lydia said terrified from behind me, and at that same moment, I heard I heard Melodie scream from somewhere in the woods in front of me. I turned around, Lydia's foot was on one of the traps, and if she moved it would snap shut. Melodie would be okay she could figure out a way to solve whatever happened.

Melodie's P.O.V

After hearing another gunshot I started running faster than I was before till suddenly the ground beneath me was gone and I was hanging upside down by a rope.

"Oh it's just you" I heard a voice say. 

I looked towards it and of course, it was Evelyn Wilson one of the many girls Aiden had pissed off. 

"Yeah it's just me now get me down I have to go do something important," I told her.

"No I would rather leave you there till your brothers find you and maybe you can deliver a message to them for me if they find you before you y'know die" she laughed. 

"Yeah because leaving me hanging upside down is going to kill me," I said back. 

"I know that won't but you know how many people that hate your brothers would just use this situation to kill you. I mean come on you can't fight back your upside down like that can you" she cooed. 

"Come close and we'll find out," I sassed.

"I'm not that stupid," she said back. 

"Sure you're not what's your message so you can go away and I can hang in peace," I asked. 

"Tell him the Argent's aren't the only hunters in Beacon Hills," she said with a smirk. 

"Got it, I will get right on that," I told her rolling my eyes. 

She gave me an annoyed look and walked away. Great now how am I going to get down? I can't reach the rope and my phone fell when I first got caught. 

"Stiles" I yelled as loud as I could but got no reply."Stiles" I yelled again but still nothing. "Stiles" I yelled one last time then listened closely and actually heard footsteps running towards me.

"Melodie where are you" Stiles called. 

"Just keep going straight I think" I called back and sure enough Stiles ran through the trees. 

"Melodie what happened? Are you okay" he asked walking over to me.

"One of Aiden's crazy ex-girlfriend isn't very good at just approaching people like a normal person, but I'm, fine," I told him. 

"Okay let's get you down," he told me looking over at the tree trying to see where the rope was tied from .

"Wait I want to do something first," I told him.

"What," he asked confused.  

"Kiss me, as they did in Spiderman," I told him with a laugh. 

"You don't have to tell me,twice" Stiles said before crashing his lips to mine. 

He pulled away and the next thing I knew I was falling face-first onto the ground and getting a mouth full of dirt. I looked up and Lydia and Stiles were both trying not to laugh. 

"I think I just lost a few teeth," I told them. 

"Well they'll grow back right," Lydia asked. 

"I sure hope so, " I told her as I tried to get up. "I think I might have broken my back," or something," I told them. 

"Are you okay" Stiles asked rushing to my side.

"Yeah just gotta try to pop my spine back into a normal position," I told them trying to stretch out my back. "That's it, I'm good now," I told them standing up. 

"Good I was really worried for a minute there," Lydia told me. 

"Hey, as long as you don't stab me through the stomach or something I'll heal," I told her.

"Great now let's get you back to your car so you can relax," Stiles told me walking me to my car.