Chapter 27

*Later that night

Stiles' P.O.V

Me and Melodie were laying in my bed trying to sleep when Scott walked in. 

"Hey what's going on" I asked sitting up. 

"You and me we're gonna go out and find a body. A dead body" he told me. 

"You're going out into the woods in the middle of the night looking for a body that you probably won't find because it was years ago" Melodie asked.

"Yeah pretty much" Scott told her. 

"Then I'm coming too" she said getting out of my bed and throwing on one of my sweaters and her shoes. 

"Great you'll probably be better at this then I am" Scott told her. 

"I've never gone looking for a dead body before so" she told him. 

"But you have been in the woods a night a lot" I spoke up. 

"Yeah I do know those woods like the back of my hand" she told him. 

"Okay let's go" Scott said walking out.

"You know if my dad's right then there's another werewolf in town that we don't know about yet" I told Scott as we walked through the woods. 

"There are probably lot's of werewolves in town we don't know about yet why don't you go conduct a supernatural census" Melodie replied sarcastically. 

"I know" Scott said ignoring her comment.

"And if it turns out to be something like triplets that form into like a three headed hound of hell I'm seriously not up for that" I told him. 

"Yeah me either especially since I can't even control my own transformation anymore" Scott said back. 

"Awe come on you know you love us" Melodie laughed bumping shoulders with me. 

"I love you but not your brothers" I told her.

"They try to kill your friends one time and you hate them for life" she joked. 

We heard a coyote howl off in the distance and I got scared so I basically jumped onto Scott causing him to drop his phone into a puddle. 

"Sorry buddy. I hate coyotes so much they always sound like they're mauling some tiny little helpless animal" I told him and Melodie rolled her eyes at me. 

"What" I asked as I followed them down the steep little hill thing almost falling. 

"Your girlfriend is an alpha werewolf with two older brothers that combine to form an even bigger werewolf but you're scared of coyotes" she laughed. 

"Well I know you won't kill me" I told her. 

"You don't know my life" she laughed.

"Still works" Scott said as he grabbed his phone and wiped it off. 

"Let me see the flashlight" I said grabbing it out of his hand. "I think we found it" I said walking forward. 

"Uh why wouldn't they move it isn't it evidence" Scott asked as we got closer to the car. 

"Probably to much of a pain in the ass to tow out" I told him as I investigated the car. 

"Look at this" I said noticing the claw marks on the door and getting closer to the car. "You see those" I asked as I pointed them out. 

Scott traced over them with his fingers as if they were the claws that left the mark. 

"Animal claws would be closer together right a lot closer" I asked. 

"Then it was a werewolf" Scott said. 

"So my dad was right" I told Scott and Melodie. 

"Do you think it could have been someone from the alpha pack" Scott asked Melodie.

"I don't know we joined the alpha pack about 4 years ago so the accident would have happened before we were in the pack" she told him. 

I got down and started looking inside the car. Scott and Melodie crouched down beside me. 

"What is that" Scott asked pointing at something in the car. 

I reached in and grabbed it before we all stood up. It was a really creepy baby doll. The crash must have messed it up because it's arms were almost falling off and it's head was turned at a weird angle. 

"I"m hungry" it said causing us to freak out and move away from it as fast as we could.

"I think I just had a minor heart attack" I told them after I calmed down a little. 

Then there was the growling. 

"Hey Stiles, Melodie" Scott said reaching out towards us. "Please tell me you guys see that" he said looking towards the trees and sure enough we saw two glowing eyes. 

"I see it" I said walking towards Scott.

 Scott took off running towards it.

"Scott Scott wait" I called after him.

Melodie sighed before taking off after him.

Melodie's P.O.V

Me and Scott were running through the woods after the coyote. Just when I thought the chase was getting hard the coyote jumped the canyon and so did Scott so without a second thought I followed and like Scott I barely made it across. The coyote was right in front of us now and it didn't seem happy. It was growling so Scott flashed his eyes at it showing it who's boss. Then the coyote did something unexpected. It flashed light blue eyes back at us. 

"Malia" Scott asked confused before the coyote took off. 

Seeing as there was no point in chasing her anymore I got up and help Scott up. 

"We better get back to Stiles we did just leave him alone in the woods at night" I reminded Scott. 

"Yeah we should probably get back" Scott laughed.

"So we have to jump this thing again" I asked. 

"Looks like it unless there's a way around it" he said looking around. 

"I don't think there is but I bet I can beat you too Stiles. What do you say a little alpha against alpha challenge" I teased. 

"You are so on" Scott laughed before jumping to the other side. 

"So you can jump but I'm still faster" I laughed stepping back and getting a running start before jumping to. 

"We'll see who's faster" Scott laughed. 

"Okay, but if I win you have to ask Kira out I know you like her" I told him.

"And if I win you have to cook me dinner for a week" he told me.

"Deal" I told him. 

"You're not scared are you" Scott asked. 

"Of course I'm not" I told him before I took off running.