Chapter ten

"Wake up princess" I feel soft shaking, my eyes flicker open. I'm still outside laying against jake, he's looking down at me, "how was your beauty sleep" he says, crap, I glance at his shirt to see if I had been drooling, luckily no.

"Amazing, I saw your a great pillow" "happy to be of Severus" I smile and jump to my feel hoping that Jeff is still dancing, "where's Jeff" I confront jake, "let's go see" he slangs an arm around my shoulder, and I give him the what the heck do you think your doing look.

The house is quieter, and lots of people are gone, I glance at my phone to check the time as texts appear on the screen

Jeff
Where are you

Jeff
Are you still at the party I...

Jen
Where are you Jeff wants...

Logan
Hey Andy wanna hang out

I send a text to Jeff, hey where are you I'm at the party

No text bubble, where is he, I glance around for a familiar face, jake is still next to me texting on his phone. "What a jerk" I grouch to jake leaning on one foot to see if Jeff is in a corner.

I sit on a seat jake next to me, "if Jeff doesn't show up, I'll take you home" jake says attempting to comfort me. I feel like a huge jerk, I'm over cutting with other guys when my boyfriend told me not to.

"Jake, why umm why are you trying to win my love so much," after I had asked that I regretted saying it. For a minute he was quiet, maybe he was just trying to find the perfect line for a brat and jerk like myself, who cheats on her boyfriend, who betrays her friends.

"Because you don't always try and get my attention like other girls, you are always so daring and happy, and I mean, who couldn't love your blonde hair." I can feel myself blushing, I just look at jake with wide eyes, "andy" "yeah" your blushing" "I am" "yup" "good for me" I say leaning against the chair, it almost ten o'clock.

"Jeff, I stand up abruptly and remove jakes arm from around my shoulders, jake just sits there, all mellow like, with a huge smirk on his face like he just won the lottery. "Look what your boy has on his face" jake humans in my ear, I lean closer to Jeff, "hmmmm Jeff where have you been, I ask seeing his face smuggled with lipstick, from yours truly. "Just dancing"

"Oh well what's that on your face" I question, it can't be me, because I'm wearing lip gloss.

"I umm at a Popsicle"
"Oh really, why don't I believe you"
"And why should I care, when you are running off with jake anyway" his voice sounds full of sarcasm and at the same time like his heart has been shattered.
"I wasn't off kidding jake" I was just talking to him, as a friend."
"But she wanted to kiss me, and she doesn't know if I kissed her, because she was asleep on the swing, pretty boy, what did you give he"

I shoot jake a the the freak look, "oh, so andy you are mad at me when you don't even know if this boy of yours kissed you or not"
"At least I don't lie and say I had a Popsicle" I burst out.

"Look Andy I'm sorry" Jeff puts his hands on my shoulders and I can see him glaring at jake who is standing next to me.

"I'm not riding home with you" I say abruptly, "jake is taking me home, I don't want to rife with a cheat and a liar. Especially the guy who kisses the girl I hate."

"Fine" Jeff says, "we will finish this conversation tomorrow" he says leaving as though he did nothing wrong. I know I did something wrong, that Is the difference, Jeff gets mad at me, when he does the same thing I do, then he waltzes out like he did nothing wrong.

..........

The tryouts are up for the music man, "Andy you got the main lead" Jen emerges to me, she puts her hands on my shoulders and I put mine on hers, "yay yay yay" we cheer jumping up and down like two year olds, "that's cute" Logan says walking over with Bryce. Jen hugs her boyfriend and Logan looks at me.

"I got the main part," his cheeks turn red, that means I have to pretty much kiss him. I hug him, things are still really awkward between us, "that's awesome Logan" I say into his ear, "are we gunna do a stage kiss or a real kiss," Logan asks, "did you just get this part so you can kiss me" I ask him. "Yup" he jokes. "Who's that backup," I ask, "Bryce" he says

I pull away, "What" I scream, Jen looks over at me. I glare at BRICE, he just has a smug smile on his face. "You ready for some lip action andy" "you ready to get your Soddy little butt kicked" I say shoving my way through the crowd.

Logan comes after me, Jen fallowing. "Andy," Jen calls, that's the last person I want to hear. I turn on her, my voice shaking, "for the record Jen, your boyfriend is a no good cheat, he's a jerk Jen a jerk" "what," "he just wants the part so he can kiss me and get me back, I hate him I seriously seriously hate him" I push my head into Logan's chest and sob again.

"Little miss dramatic" my dad says walking into my room, it was nearly dinner time and I had spent the whole time doing homework and going over lines. "Dad, I don't want to talk," I say scooting away from, and also I hate that dumb nickname I thing rolling my eyes at the ceiling. I had just been so mad lately, and there was nothing anybody could do about it.

My job shift starts in twenty minutes I say standing up, I walk over to my full body mirror and pull my hair into a high ponytail leaving certain strands hanging. I push on some mascara and slice on some lipgloss, let's do this I think grabbing my phone and heading to my parents car, I can drive you know, I get my license in like two weeks, and everyone drives here without one.

I'm jamming out to shake it off to let loose a little, my hand grading over the wheel to pull into a spot at the diner. It is a small building with large windows and a nice feeling about it

Mary and joes is painted above the door in red curly lettering, and there is a bit of shine that flickers from the words. I close the fir and hop up onto the sidewalk and cross the walk so I can enter through the back door. A friendly woman with light hair and a soft completion greats me with a friendly smile, "you mush be Addison," she says giving me a little handshake, "yes, yes I am" I say sing song like, the place is cozy with the smell of Berbers and fries.

"Here" she says handing me an apron, you will be working those tables over there, there are around 15 tables in that section, nearly two thirds of them filled. I s,old, I was a waitress where I used to live, so I know the ropes. She hands me a notepad and a microphone, and I glide away.

Life is great for the first few hours, I push over carts of food placing them infant of hungry faces. "And what could I get for you sir" I say to an old man who is sitting, his arm around his wife, and a girl about 12 who appears to be their grand daughter. "Could I get a steak with potatoes corn and a roll" he says, as I scratch it onto my notepad.
"Mac and cheese for me" the girl said, I smiled at her, "good choice." I wished Jen could work here, maybe I'll talk good about her so she can get a job, when the family is done, I slip away to the next table, a man in a suit with another man across, with a suit, they are talking about some law case or something, maybe they are on a business meeting. "May I take you ledger for drinks" I ask, maybe if I talk sweet, the guys will give me a fat tip, "your quite youth to be a waitress don't you think" I give them my most professional look, "quite not so"I say, "older does not mean wiser, now may I refresh you on this day with a nice drink" I finish. "A water will do for me," the older says, "I'll have an iced tea" the other says, gross, I hate iced tea, it's quite weird. I leave letting off a little smile, they better pay well for mouthing off to me.

I reach the kitchen and set down the pages of the notepad where the food is recorded. I glance over and see a familiar face.

Who do you think andy sees when she turns, don't forget to vote and comment lovely reader