Chapter 24

Valentine's day

Eve's POV

"Should we tell Brandon?" Vanessa asked.

Just when I was about to answer, the door opened and it is Zion, looking so happy and devilishly handsome.

"The wedding is starting."

Oh no.

I looked at Eve than at Mrs. Jansen, with a worried face. Zion seems to notice it.

"What's wrong?"

Guess we have to tell him...

"We can't find blench and Chloe." I sighed. Suddenly, he becomes all tensed up.

"What?! Now then you say? Have you tried calling them?"

"Yes. But both of their phones are switched off." Mrs. Jansen said.

"Ring ring..." Mrs. Jansen phone rang and it's an unknown number.

"Hello?"
.
.
.
"What?! I'm coming over now!"

"What's wrong?" I asked and Mrs. Jansen started crying. Her hands are shaking.

"The phone call is from the hospital."

Hospital? Both of us looked at each other, not wanting to know the truth.

"Chloe and blench were involved in an accident."

Oh no.

Upon hearing the news, Zion ran out of the room and not need to know, he certainly went to the hospital.

"What should we do now?" Vanessa asked.

"Let's go and tell Brandon." Mrs. Jansen said, breaking the silence.

The three of us went out of the room and walk towards the aisle where the groom and the others will certainly be at and all of them were shocked when they saw us as we should be with the bride.

Brandon saw us and walk towards us.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying, mum? Where's Zion and Chloe?" Brandon asked with a confused face.

"The wedding. We... can't proceed." Mrs. Jansen said.

"What, why?" Brandon starts to be all worked up.

"Chloe and blench..."

"What, what's wrong with them?!" Brandon asked, in a loud voice and everybody started to crowd around.

"They were involved in an accident." I finished Mrs. Jansen statement.

Everybody gasped and Brandon's eyes widened.

"Where...is she now?" He asked.

"In the hospital. We are going now." I said.

Not within seconds, Brandon runs towards the car park.

All of us headed into Mrs. Jansen car and make our way to the hospital.

Brandon's POV

My heart stopped for a moment when Eve said that blench is involved in an accident. How on earth could that happen when today is our wedding day!

I keep praying that she will be fine when I'm in mum's car. I didn't want to think of any other consequences. The fear of losing her is unbearable. I can't bear to lose her. I can't.

Within several minutes, we reached the hospital. Zion was there walking back and fro, shaking his head, stating that he hadn't seen Chloe or blench yet. So, we waited outside the surgery room.

Thirty minutes later.

"Who is Chloe Jansen family?"

"I am her mum," Mum said and Zion, Eve and Vanessa stood up.

"Hi, I'm doctor Anderson, your daughter doctor in charge. She suffered a few bone fracture and a bruised rib but overall, she's fine as the car didn't hit her side, so the impact isn't that strong. She will wake up very soon."

Wait... didn't hit her side of the car... that means.. no, no, no.

Everyone seems relieved to hear that but I'm not.

Just then, Wilson came out. All of us waited for him to speak.

"Blench had a fair line fracture on her skull and she also fractured her arm. But there's something I want all of you to be well prepared as the car hit her side."

My heart sank. The car hit her side. Just as I expected.

"The strong impact of the car hit her nerves of the lower part of the brain, thus causing her to become temporarily blind."

Blind.... that's not very pleasing to hear.

Everybody broke down crying but I can't feel a thing. I'm numb. How could I possibly feel anything when I just heard my fiancee has become blind?!

"Is there a chance of recovery?" Zion asked and my eyes lit up.

"Chances are very little. There are ways but not now. I'm sorry."

Wilson sighed and gave a pat on my shoulder then he walked away.

Everybody broke down crying.

After a few minutes of calming down, mum and I went to see blench while the rest went to see Chloe.

When I went into blench Ward, her head is bandaged and her lips are cracked. There's a few bruises and cuts on her leg and arm. She's attached to many needles and tubes. Yet, she seems like she is sleeping very peacefully. Mum broke down crying after seeing her in this state and she quickly went by blench side and hold her hand.

I'm not crying. But if you asked me if I'm okay, I'm not. I am not okay that we are unable to become husband and wife today. I am not okay that she's suffering. She's not awake and she becomes blind. I wish I could dig my eyeball out for her and me rather I am the one who becomes blind. I can't help thinking how she would react once she wakes up. I can't. This is a big blow for her. I went to mum's side and comfort her. Ironically, I don't even know how to comfort myself.

Chloe's POV

Bright lights welcomed me as I opened my eyes. I could see the white ceiling and when I turn to my sides, I saw Zion, Eve and Vanessa.

"OMG, Chloe, are you okay?" Vanessa asked.

My head hurt. What the hell happen?

"Where am I?" I asked, confused. Way too confused.

"You're at the hospital," Zion said.

Hospital? Oh! Now I remember. The accident.

"Where's Blench?!" I asked as I suddenly sit up and my arm was so painful.

"Be careful Chloe! You had a fractured arm!" Eve shouted and I then realized my left arm are cast. Great.

"Where's Blench?" I asked again, getting worried. The three of them exchanged looks and I know something is going on!

"Don't tell me she's... no! I have to go and find her." I said and tried to get off the bed until they stopped me.

"She's fine, Chloe!" Zion shouted.

"Then why are all of you exchanging looks?" I asked.

"Because of she.... she..." Eve stammered.

She?

"She has become blind," Zion said.

Right at that moment, my heart stopped.