Epilogue

Two and a half year later

"Everyone get ready for a family photo!" The photographer shouted and all of us squeezed in together.

Today is Ben second birthday with us. Benjamin Irving, Our son.

Everybody is here, Eve and Fernando, Chloe and Zion with their newborn daughter, Teresa, mum, Brandon's parents, Vanessa and her fiance, my colleague and Wilson. He's back.

I am sitting beside Brandon, his arms on mine and Ben is sitting between our legs in the backyard.

"Can't believe he's been with us for two Years," Brandon said and I nod. The memories of me, giving birth to him is still fresh in my mind as if it was yesterday. The pain, the joy, and the fear.
.
.
.
"Now I hate being women!" I shouted as I grasped onto Brandon's hand tightly.

We are in the delivery room, getting ready to see our little precious gem. The contractions are killing me!

"Just endure it for a while. Will everything be alright after that okay? I'll always be with you." Brandon said and look at me, face filled with worries.

"Alright! It's time, blench. Now, listen to instructions and push okay?" Prescott said and gave me an ensuring smile.

It's time...

"One, two three, push!!"

"You can do it blench!"

Beads of sweats started to drip down my forehead. I can't hold much longer!

"I can see the head. Just one more push!"

One more...

Piercing loud cry of a baby infant soon filled the whole room. Brandon is smiling. What's happening?

"Congratulations. It's a boy." Prescott said.

Boy...

Tears started to fill the brim of my eyes. He's out!

I looked at Brandon and realized that his hands had turn red. Oh no... I think I grabbed him too hard.

"You did great," Brandon said and kissed me on the forehead.

"Now, you're a mum. Don't act like a kid okay!"

Kid?!

"I was never a kid. You....Brandon... Irving... "

I am too weak to shout at him. Despite all that, I'm still happy to see how happy Brandon was.
.
.
.

Out of the sudden, Brandon fished out his iPhone and gave it to Ben. What?

"I've decided that it's time for him to explore technologies." He said and chuckled. Seriously?

Ben looked curiously at his phone and started to press the buttons.

We could watch our darling boy the whole day but mum and Brandon's Parents walked over to us.

"Happy birthday Benjamin!" Mum squealed with excitement and extended her hands to carry him.

"Wait, mum, before that, Ben, return daddy phone," Brandon said and tried to snatch it. But, Ben still wouldn't let go.

"Nuo, daddy. Go aw..ay" ha! Baby talks. Too bad daddy.

"Ben, just return daddy his phone while we go over there and eat some cakes." Brandon's mum said.

"Cake!" Ben shouted and reluctantly lost interest in it and return Brandon his phone. Soon, we are left alone.

"I see that he inherited some of your genes that are on my list," Brandon smirked.

What?

"What genes?" I asked.

"Your stubbornness, Mrs. Irving." He laughs and I gave him a hit on the back.

"Ouch! Fine you women! Still the same aren't you?" He continues laughing.

"That proves that he's my son too, daddy," I said and he smiled, giving me a kiss on the lip.

"Family." He said.

"Family."

"Wait!!! I wanna join in too!!"

Wha-

"Chloe, you've just ruined the moment." Zion laughed and she gave a 'whatever I don't care' look.

"Hey, sis," I said and hugged her. Ahhh... she's still so comfortable to hug.

"Hey, baby sister."

Baby...

"Chlo! How many times must I say that I'm not a baby anymore!" I shouted, sounded irritated. Both Zion and Brandon can't help but break out laughing. Whats so funny?

"You know, both Zion and I could just sit here all day long to watch the both of you," Brandon said and Zion sat beside him.

Of course... Chloe and I are sisters.

"Oh cmon, Brandon. You're so outdated. This is then what I call a family is." Chloe said and all of us laughed.

"Family. Forever and always."
.
.
.
Washington park arboretum

"Ben, look at that tree! Isn't it pretty?" I said.

We've brought our son to visit the tree Brandon and I had planted. It is about two meters tall now and the tree is filled with flowers.

"Pweety!!" Ben squealed and Brandon and I broke out laughing.

"I wanna go and see please."

How can I say no to that cute, chubby and innocent face?

"Go. But, be careful." I said and Ben ran towards the tree. Suddenly, Brandon grabbed me by my waist and smirked at me. Huh?

"Ben reminds me of you, sweetheart."

Me?

"It reminds me of you during our first date."

That first date... hey! I did that intentionally!

I tried to escape his grip but to no avail, I failed.

"Let's have another one."

Another one?

"What another one?" I asked and this time, his smile grew bigger.

"Another child. To accompany Ben. Perhaps a girl?"

My brain froze upon hearing that. Another child? No way in hell I would agree to that! The childbirth is way too painful!

"You slowly wait, Mr. Irving!" I shouted and ran towards Ben.

"Ben! Help daddy to grab mummy!" Brandon shouted and Ben is still playing around with the tree. Ha! Too bad, daddy.

And so, our time passes happily and our story will never end.

It's really the end! Thank you for the support:)