Chapter 21

Mother's day special

Chloe's POV

I sat on the couch, looking at our family portrait that is hung on the wall of the living room. That photo was taken when blench and I were two years old when dad was still around... looking at my mum made me feel like crying. All these years of what she had done to us, we can't be more grateful. She's still so beautiful even though she had some wrinkles on her forehead.

Today, I have a date with my mum. We are going to visit my dad graveyard. It has been ages since we went there. Blench couldn't make it as she's on duty.

"Are you ready to go?" I shouted from the living room for my mum.

She came out from her room and I laughed. Her hand is holding on to a lipstick and another, holding on to a mirror. She's applying her lipstick and making sure that she looks pretty.

"Oh, cmon mum. You looked really pretty already." I said while laughing and she stares at me.

"We are going to visit your dad. I can't look like a grandma." She said as she keeps her lipstick.

Grandma...  right...

"Come on! Let's go." I said and hooked my arm over to hers.

.
.
.

We've reached the cemetery and we really had a hard time finding my dad as we haven't been here for ages. The sun is at its peak and it is scorching hot. Flies are flying around and grasses were overgrown.

"Mum! Right over there! I saw dad!" I shouted as I see my dad's name on the tombstone.

We placed the bouquet of flowers on dad's tombstone and mum squat down, cleaning his tombstone.

"James. How have you been? Chloe and Blench are doing fine. Both of them found their man. I've missed you..." mum said and had started crying.

"Oh, mum. Don't cry now. Dad doesn't like to see you crying." I said as I placed my hands on her shoulder.

"Plus, your make up will smudge and you will look like a panda." Upon saying that, both of us broke out laughing.

We stayed for an hour or so accompanying dad, telling him what had happened during the past few years.

"Do you want to go now?" I asked and mum nod her head. Yet, she looked like she doesn't bear to separate with dad.

"We'll visit dad again soon okay? Let's go have some lunch. I'm starving..." I said and mum laughed.

"Well, my princess. What do you want to eat?" Mum asked as we walk out of the cemetery.

"Hmmm...  pasta?"

"Still loving pasta aren't you?"

"Can we? Please...."

"Come on, let's go."

"Yay!"