Chapter 15

The sun is shining brightly at the top of the sky. Bright sunlight is peeping in the room through the small gap left behind by the drapes. The window has white frame but is kept closed. The glass shines as a gem when sunlight strikes it.

The peeping sunlight reveals a room ,perfectly organised - one can say it's the perfect example of spick and spam. The dark blue blankets over the sky blue sheets were laid on a white framed bed. The books, some scientific and research books, some science fiction novels and some thick mathematical books, were organised from top to bottom on a tree structured shelf with a blue frame on the left wall. The whole room was shining amazingly due to the reflection of sunlight by pure white marbles.

The heavenly couch, at the middle, or slightly left, was placed to complement the room with its dark blue cover.

On the couch, a boy of about 19 was flipping the pages of a red file. He put it down and took another file, with a black cover, from the coffee table which is now completely messed up like a hell.

While flipping the pages, he started whistling. But his whistle didn't had the tone of playful smirk but a despondent one. His green orbs were looking tired with his brown hair falling off his forehead complementing them.

He was frustrated as if was looking for something for so long but wasn't be able to find it yet.

He threw the file in anger and it hit the floor with a loud thud due to its hard cover. He moved his fingers through his chocolaty hair and sighed in frustration.

But then, there was a whistle sound ( used in cellphones as a notification tune) and he moved his head to let his eyes find the source of this sound, but now for him, it was a noise.

When his eyes got the look of the source, he raised his head to free his hands from its support. His hands finally clutched the object and he leaned back comfortably.

When he saw the reason behind its whistle, a small, rather contented smile, spread on his face. He smiled and whispered to himself, QB.

QB is an abbreviation for QUESTION BANK.
Come on!
Everyone has someone in his life whom he loves to call this.

He tapped the icon which revealed that it was a message. Without reading the contents, he scrolled the message and his smile grew wider and his eyes widened in surprise.

I wonder what made her write this much long message to me when she prefers texting me maximum 10 words? He thought and chuckled.

But then he scrolled up and started to read the actual contents which made his smile to fade and eyes grow wider. He sat there as a statue , completely frozen.

He was shocked by what he had just read but he scrolled the message again, to satisfy himself that what he read right now....are actual words...not his mere nightmare which he never wanted to be turn into reality.

He is not letting it go, this time.

He read it again and was trying to process those words in his mind. He got up from the couch and a look of concern and sorrow spread over his face. He dragged himself to his bed and took his brown jacket laid on the bed. He put it on but then looked at his legs - thank God! He was wearing his faded blue jeans, not track pants as usual. He put on his white sports shoes and took his wallet from the table.

He opened the door and slammed it behind himself. He rushed down the spiral stairs. He ran to the door and closed it behind. Then he realised that he was still holding his phone in his hand, so he placed it in his jeans' pocket. He took out the keys from same pocket and sprinted to the Parking lot. As soon as he saw a black Ferrari, he pressed the lock/unlock button on his keys and hopped inside.

This time, I am in. He thought to himself and drove it out on the roads.

He was afraid and seemed to be in utmost hurry like his life depended on it. His mind was experiencing the mixed feelings of fear, concern, excitement, anger and possessiveness.

The adrenaline was pushing him to drive at the top speed. He had a strong feeling that the thing which is going to happen now is completely wrong and he knows that he can't change it but atleast he can alter its consequences.

He was driving when his left hand left the steering wheel and marched towards his jeans' pocket. He took out his phone unlocked the screen by providing the pin and then tapped on contacts. He rolled the names until he found a particular name.

He tapped the call icon and the beep started ringing. After the second beep, the call was accepted by a feminine voice.

" May I know who's calling?"

"I...umm.... Alerick Watson."