Chapter 38

"Sky is not the limit;

That's what Space signifies."

-Alrick Watson

_______________

Dark clouds were hovering over the sun in the sky and cool soothing air was blowing. The cold atmosphere and the sense of high pressure made an aura that a storm was about to come. Trees were blowing and branches were struggling hard to keep up with their places. The entire island was appearing to be detached from the ocean through its roots, if it were a tree keeping up with the disaster.

Finally, the clouds gave up the the struggle and patience and the tiny droplets came to shower the dry and tensed ground of the Earth.

The smoke rising from the trees came to a sudden hault when the droplets embraced the flame and soothed it to provide a peaceful sleep. Flames died and the forest fire was only evident through the ashes it left as evidence.

The metallic bodies were nowhere to be seen. But their disappearance was accompanied by a patch of dark burnt grasses. The atmosphere was anticipated by deep unsteady breaths but soon blood joined in.

Aizan was standing there with bloodshot eyes and a red liquid was flowing out of his chest. Although the rain diluted the blood, yet the ground was concerning red. Lia saw the blood oozing out and noticed his unfazed serious expression. His instance resembled a wild lion after winning the jungle, ready to protect his territories. But unlike Aiz, Lia was concerned.

"Oh my god Aiz! You're bleeding." She cried looking at the wound. It was really deep and needed to take care of but they don't have time. But also, ignoring it will cause infection.

"Leave it. We need to get to the Cabin. We don't have time." Aiz said and started walking towards where Mrs. Watson and Ben where standing.

"I think he is right." Alrick said while looking at the sky. His expressions were deadly neutral and the only thing his voice could suggest was 'disaster'. "Look at the droplets. Their size, it's not perfectly round or not the shape of a drop. It's size are bigger and surface area- volume ratio is also not perfectly balanced or reduced."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN RICK!?" Becks yelled, since not a single thing that Alrick said had made sense to him.

Alrick sighed and turned to say, "Gravity has begun to fall."

"What!" Louis gasped.

"We need to go." Aiz said and turned on his heels.

"No." Lia announced and everyone turned to look at her. "No. I'm not leaving unless he is doing something with that wound."

Aiz glared at her stubbornness and she raised her eyebrow challenging him. After few seconds of this eye to eye battle, Aiz rolled his eyes away surenderring and said," Okay!" He unbuttoned his shirt and took it out to wrap around his chest. Louis gave him his jacket and his zipped it covering the wound. "Happy?"

Lia nodded and they started walking towards north. Alrick was leading the way while Mrs. Watson was explaining gravity to Ben. Becks was talking to Louis about how much he knows about gravitational relations and he was sniffing every time it appeared Louis knew better than him.

Aiz and Lia were walking at the last, keeping their heads down. But suddenly something clicked in Lia' mind and she started asking him questions about their school life and some physical relations. Curiosity killed the cat but now, was killing Aiz.

**************

Ray pressed the mickey button and the tree shifted to expose an entrance. It was not a huge entrance but big for an entrance that is such an amazingly camouflaged. He closed his eyes and pictured Mr. Watson. He recollected all the debts he had on him. He took Ray from an orphanage and brought him up along with his own son and never showed any difference. He treated him as his own son and now it was his time to repay all the debts. To show that he also loved him in the same way Mr. Watson did to him. It was his chance to prove his mom that he will never let her break. To prove his brother that he will never let him repent for the pamper he got from him.

He took a deep breath and stepped inside. The interior was a comforting navy blue shade with metallic design and silver outlines. Unlike other labs, it had the atmosphere of a soothing and inspiring as well as determining cozy room, or more precisely, a high tech den.

He walked further inside and saw doors on sides and in front. He twitched his eyebrows and remembered Alrick telling him to check the door to left. So, he turned his heels and pushed the door to his left.

The door was cold and the metal at once soothed his tensed muscles at a single touch. He got hold of the knob and turned it to enter the control room.

He walked inside and saw the front wall occupied by big computer screens and all around were sophisticated machines. He looked all around himself and gazed every thing with awe. He then shook his head to regain his concentration and then did as Aiz told him. Open the central machine, type the password- mickeymouse, open the install section, set it on and put the timer. He looked at his watch and saw the time 8:00 and set the timer for 4 hours.

The timer began-

3:59:59

He took a deep breath and turned his heels to join his friends. But will he be able to get back before it is too late? Before Gravity Falls?