Chapter 40

"I believe in the power of Karma;

Which is determined by

the purity of will

and the manipulation of thoughts."

- Beckham O'Connell

______________________

As soon as Becks jumped on the ground, he felt uneasiness under his feet. He looked up and saw the cabin shaking. He then noticed his body shaking as well.

"Holy shit! It's a bloody earthquake. " he yelled when his eyes widen at the notice of an usual event in sky.

He saw a star near the Pole Star becoming devastatingly huge. It was become bigger by every fraction of second and the moon seemed to be getting smaller.

"The rogue is coming and the moon is going! "He announced unable to form his thoughts.

Aiz jumped beside him, followed by Alrick.

"What?" he asked.

Alrick followed the stare of Becks and had the same expression, exposed fear of survival.

He gulped and replied for Becks," The droplets, the river current, the earthquake, the star getting bigger and the moon getting smaller....."

"Yeah! So?" Lia pressed onto him to speak straightforward.

"The rogue planet is too much near the Earth for our concern. Gravity is falling too much quick than calcula-" he was cut off by a feeling of uneasiness. He looked down and saw his feet flying slightly above the ground. He felt light, uncomfortably light. It was like the air pressure above his body is vanishing and his mass is reduced to zero.

He turned his head to see his friends and saw brown speckles. Dirt was floating. Gravity hasn't fallen enough to attract huge things but enough to shake the Base of whole Earth. He knew he had to do something about it before it's too late and he feared what will happen if he failed to do so.

"Guys! We need to find that space ship before we lose enough air or oxygen to breath. Follow me." He said to no one in particular but Lia nodded vigorously. She was totally in a mischievous mood that Aiz had already noticed. He caught her by waist and said,

"I'm keeping Lia in grip and Louis you get hold of Ben. These two are really mischievous. " Aiz told to Louis and glared amusingly at Ben who pouted at him and Lia did the same. Both of them muttered, " Grumpy old man."

They got inside the cabin with ease and shuffled their bodies to get to the stairs. Floor had a cracking and ceiling too, things were flying in the room. Everything was so unorganised and chaotic that Mrs. Watson shook her head in disgust. She was more of an organised woman having everything perfectly organised but she kept telling herself that don't worry Amelia once everything is okay, everything will be organised; even our lives. She sighed and followed Alrick who was now swimming in air.

"Spaceship is in the other section of cabin but the button to reveal the lab must be here somewhere near the controls." Alrick said and Becks nodded knowing what he had to do. No way I'm going to let him be the hero. He murmured to himself and swam to the control section.

"Becks Ben is having some breathing issues. Do it quick." Louis said when trying to help Ben regain his breath.

With everything floating air, things have turned out to be more messy. A knife flew over to Lia who dodged it but then again it came and hit Ben in the elbow. He cussed it and kicked the pen floating near his leg.

He struggled through his weightless body and reached the controls finally. He typed the password and began uninstalling all the measures of the lab to keep it concealed. The screen showed....

Uninstalling 0%

Half an hour left

"Guys! It will take half an hour. Could you please manage for sometime?" Becks asked rubbing his chin.

Lia who was floating with an ease in the air and pretending to be a fairy one moment and other moment a soldier, yelled " Yeah! If Gravity Falls meant an anti gravity amusement park. Then I love it!"

Louis rolled his eyes at Lia and turned to speak to Aiz," Dude you really think it's only this?"

"The rogue planet is approaching Earth at a gentle pace. So wait and watch the show." Alrick replied.

Aiz was silent all the time after entering the cabin. He had swam to the highest window and was looking outside. His hands clutched the window frame to prevent budging and he was kicking everything that came to him like a football.

Suddenly there was a high intensity sound and everyone turned to see in the direction of Aiz. The noise had came from outside. Aiz turned and tried to yell what he had seen outside but due to irregular movement of air. Sound wasn't propagated. He yelled at the top of his voice but it only came as a squeak.

"It's an volcanic eruption." He tried to speak but it's of no use. So he just turned and glued his eyes to the volcano. It was the same place they had called beautiful near the cliff. But now look at it, the once calm and soothing mountain had turned into a vicious volcano. They need to do something before the lava comes to them.

The pressure of the air that balanced the force exerted by lava on the crust is now unbalanced. So as a result lava can come out easily and continously.

Magma exerted force on the cryst that was balanced by atmosphere. So now when atmosphere was escaping and gravity hadn't completely fallen, so the magma pushed the crust and oozed out from almost everywhere.

Aiz saw the lava coming out from the crater and then gushing high in the air. But instead of falling down it remain suspended in air and everything was still like a picture. His eyes widen and he stared more intently to notice the details. Lava was in the air and with air, it was also escaping. But some it had suddenly solidified and turned to be a landscape.

"What the f***!" He said and stirred his hand through his hair. He then turned to notice Lia was out of his grip. Then he saw her looking at the floor eyes widen with awe.

The floor had cracked completely now and magma came out of it and was filling the cabin like water gets in a water tanker. Slowly.

"We need to be quick!!"