Chapter 7: The Two Vains

-Set Two Years Ago-
-Kaito's POV-

I danced with the tealette who was smiling happy as the music in the room swam into our ears.

"Your dancing has gotten excellent, Prince Kaito," she says happily as the music stops and we back away from each other.

"Thank you, Miku," I tell her I stare at her beautiful face.

"BIG BROTHER!!" I heard my little brother, Lennel, say. He was running in at us.

I kneeled down to his height. "What is it, Lennel?" I ask.

He took a breath and showed me a happy smile. "Papa said that in two years, on my birthday, I could see Rhiannon again!" He says with cheer and spunk. "Isn't that amazing?!"

I laugh a little. "That's great, Lennel!" I tell him and pet his head. I looked up and saw my eldest brother, Gakupo, come in with his hands on his hips.

"Father wants to see you in his quarters," he says coldly as he walks past me and stops in front of Miku.

I HATED when he did that! He always thought that he could mess around with anyone he wanted... Tch....

"Okay," I say and begin walking towards my fathers work area. I walk in and he looks busy. "What is it you need, father?" I ask as I sit in as chair.

He looked up at me. "Ah... I've decide, when I die, that Lennel will take over the kingdom and you and Gakupo will have to win the heart of a young princess named Rhiannon Elizabeth Ann Kurosaki," he says as he scribbles down on the paper.

Eh?

Isn't that the girl Lennel likes?

"Uh, father--"

"Yes, I am aware that Lennel likes this girl a lot, which is why, when the time come on her sixteenth birthday, I will send all three of you over there," he tells me and writes more things on other papers.

"That's not what I was going to say! Already have somebody whom I am deeply in love with!" I tell him as I stand up in rage.

My father stops and looks up at me with curiosity. "Who?" He asks.

I swallow the lump in my throat and begin to blush a bit. "M-M-Miku... My maid..." I tell him.

My father stands up and pulls his glasses off. "What?"

"Miku, she's my maid! I love her and she loves me..." I answer him again.

"That is not aloud! I swear, all my sons fall for low class women!" He says. "I don't care! You are going and this Miku will be gone by day! And I swear on half of my fortune!"

I stare at him with wide eyes. "NO! YOU CAN'T!" I tell him and slam my hands down on his desk.

"GET OUT OF MY OFFICE! IT WILL BE DONE AND YOU HAVE NO CHOICE! INSTEAD, YOU SHOULD LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF MORE THEN OTHER!" He yells. I glare at him and leave while slamming the door shut.

I fall to the ground and begin crying.

This can't be happening...

First my mother....

Now my love....

"Prince Kaito?" A sweet voice says. I look to my left and Miku is there and bending down next to me. "What's wrong?" She asks as she hugs my head.

"I'm sorry... I love you..." Was all I could say as I hold her close to me and cry into my shirt.

Learn to love yourself...