Chapter 12: Escape and Return

-Rin's POV-

How long have we've been running? It seemed as it was for forever! This long corridor was endless and, needless to say, tiresome. The only thing that kept me running was the men at the castle and Len, who told me I was doing fine, but I thought I was about to pass out. So yeah...running, running, MORE RUNNING! EVEN MOOOOORE RUNNING! Lots of running and lots of running... Unto there was a little hatch and a later at the end! THANK GOD!!

We stopped and Len opened it. He told me to climb up, so I did. He climbed in after me.

We were in this little house made of wood, but I didn't understand. Suddenly, Len took my hand and wrapped a cloak over my head and dragged me to a horse.

"Len, what's going on?" I ask as he prepared the horse.

He looked at me as he put the saddle on. "We are going to my castle," he says in a deep voice then jumps on. He offers me his hand and I take it then jump on the horse behind him. "Hold on," he says, so I wrap my arms around him. We zoom of towards the direction of his castle. I hold tightly onto him as we race off. "Is something wrong?" He asks. "Besides your castle being under attack?"

"No...everything is fine..." I lie to him.

Something seems...odd...like I forgot something important...

I shake it off and press my forehead into Len's clothes and take a deep breath.

How long will this take?

-At the Palace or castle...-

Len is grabbing my hand and guiding me to the castle. His dad is there, or at least I think it's his dad.

"Father, her castle is under attack and I love her deeply so she is staying her!" Len says. I blush a bit.

His father glares at him. "She may stay..." He says. "I will talk to her family about this..."

Len drags me into a hallway. "Len? What's going on? And why are we here?" I ask him and the get to look outside and it's dark.

Len looks at me for a second. "Your castle is under attack. We are here for your protection," he answers bluntly then stops at a door and opens it.

Behind was a room with maps and various things that would be in a bedroom. He closes the door behind me.

"You should sleep," he says coldly and sits at his desk and works.

I walk over to him and look at him.

Silence...

He finally looks at me. "What?" He asks.

"What's wrong with you today?" I ask him.

He shuffles a bit. "Nothing! Now go to bed..." He says then turns back around.

I'm angry a little bit...

Then I get and idea!

Len wasn't fully scooted up to his desk so I sat on him and pulled the pencil out of his hand and put it back on the table. I place my hands together on the back of his head. "Tell me..." I say in a soft voice.

He says and wraps his hands around my waist. "Nothing..." He lies.

I pout. "Tell meeeee!!!" I say and kick my legs.

I sighs. "Fine! Just stop kicking your legs..."I stop kicking my legs. "There's a couple. One: I'm embarrassed that I told my dad about 'us'. Two: we may not be like this for long..." I confesses.

I smile. "Then we'll just have to run away!" I suggest with a small giggle at the end.

Now he's smiling. "Yeah? Well, who's gonna run this kingdom if we do?" He asks.

I think for a second. "Gakupo or Kaito will!" I answer.

He laughs then pulls me closer so his head is over my shoulder and my head is over is shoulder. "I may take you up on that offer..." He says.

We stayed like that for a while and talked about the subject. I felt as if I would sleep at times, but I never did.

Suddenly, he pulled me so our faces were close and he closed his. Our foreheads were touching. I moved my hands to his shoulders.

"If we ever runaway together, I promise that I'll never leave you behind and that I will always love you," he says to me.

I smile and close my eyes, too. "Me too," I tell him.

Then Len kissed me on the lips and I kissed him back. Soon, we got our tongues involved and it was even more magical.

This moment is beautiful...

After a while, he pulled back and pushes a string of hair out of my face.

"Now will you go to bed?" He asks with a slight pant in between his words.

"As long as you come with me," I reply. We both smile widely. Soon I get off of him and jump on his bed and then he follows me.

The way we slept made me very embarrassed for any maid to come in. We were both under the covers, facing each other, I was closer to him with my hands on his chest, and he had one hand on my waist . Yup, I'm sorry Mr. or Mrs. Maid and Butler.

Well... Tomorrow's another day so we outta add what trouble we get in by my parents, if they come...

-END OF CHAPTER-

Wow! This is almost coming to an end! \(*A*)/ I don't know what I'm gonna do after it! Oh wait! I know! Make a million OTHERS!!

Thanks for reading! Tune in later for the next chapter *u*