The Coffee Shop (part one)

Mitch

I took a deep breath, and dialed a number on my phone.

"Hello?" Answered the perky female.

"Hey Kirstie. Im at this little coffee shop, and theres this really cute barista. Could you be my wing woman?" I asked, nervous.

She giggled. "Of course i can, Mitchy!"

I gave her the address, and she was there in no time.

She jumped out of her car, and bounded up the steps to the café, wrapping me in a hug.

"Okay. Who are we flirting with? I see three people behind the counter."

I pointed him out. "Scott. The tall blonde."

Kirstie poked my side excitedly. "He is soo cute! WAIT A SECOND... I think that he's staring at us!"

I rolled my eyes. "Probably because you're shouting and staring at him!" I whisper-yelled at her.

She shrugged, and pulled me up to the counter.

Scott

I passed my customer his latte, and turned back to the cash register.

I smiled, seeing a beautiful -if short- blonde girl dragging a short brunette along with her to the counter. They seemed more like friends than a couple, but they looked very cute together, and you never know...

"Hey, welcome to The Roast, what can I get the lovely couple today?" I asked, flashing a friendly smile at them.

The smile on the brunette's face fell, and he shook his head. The blonde let out a loud, passionate laugh.

She looked at my apron for a minute. "Well, Scott... gay guys aren't exactly my type."

I went beet red.

"Don't worry. We get that all the time." The brunette said to me.

"I'll have a chocolate mocha." The blonde said.

I turned to the boy. He was studying the menu- I was studying him. He was really slender, had a very angular facial shape, and small ears. His eyes caught me off-guard. They were a dark brown, and practically dancing with excitment.

"Ummm... I guess that I'll have the dark roast coffee... with a chocolate shot?" The cute brunette said.

I smiled nervously. "Great. And can I get names with them?"

The blonde smiled. "Mitchy, go find us a seat. My treat."

The boy smiled, and headed to the other side of the café.

"So, his name is Mitch, and my name is He's Single. Well, my name is actually Kirstin. But I go by Kirstie. And he's still single." The blonde- Kirstie- said, handing me a ten for the drinks.

"Hmm... is he? That's good to know." I busied myself prepping their drinks, writing my phone number on the bottom of Mitch's coffee.

"Dont throw out his cup." I said, with a wink. "Enjoy your drinks." I handed her the two cups, and turned to help my next customer.