7:45pm

About two hours ago, Nash explained that he wasn't going to be cooking tonight. I reacted terribly. If there's anything I love , it's his cooking and if not that, watching him cook. He'd reassured me that going out to eat would be better.

"I'm tired of getting things under my nails." He chuckled, grabbing the keys and heading to the car with me. No matter how much I objected to his decision, I had no choice but to allow it.

Anyways, now here we are at a basketball court. There are a bunch of randoms everywhere. Some just sitting around and watching.

"This is not dinner." I remind him. He chuckles, chewing on his gum. Nash's eyebrows raise and there's a glimmer in his eye that makes me look curious.

"Look around." I turn my head and I see nothing. Nothing expect people. For a brief second I start to believe he's messing with my head. But he breaks my thoughts with a small cackle. "Don't break your brain, Cam."

He beckons me to follow him. As I walk I watch him in front of me. Even in the most basic outfit, he looks good. An olive shirt and black jeans. I decided to be more edgy. A hoodie and joggers and on of my many snap backs. I thought it was ok for just dinner, nothing special.

I hear a familiar voice at a table we've yet to reach.  "No, bro, wasn't me." Followed by an echo of laughs. I hit Nash's back and he turns to me.

"They sound like the guys." I tell him. Nash nods knowingly and I continue to glance the table. "Oh my god. That is the guys."

He laughs at me and watches as I run to them. Being that it's summer I haven't seen them for a while. Usually we'd meet up at someone's house or hang out somewhere.

the end of high school doesn't effect our relationships. When I each the table I smile.

"What's up! What are you guys doing here?" I pound jack and then the other. They smile back to me and everyone says hi. Nash exchanges words with them.

"Nash thought it'd be good for you." Sammy says. Instinctively I turn to Nash to find him standing but leaning on the table with Reece. Already looking at me, for my reaction I suppose.

when Reece notices, he kind of giggles.

"AND we came to see you, bro." Sammy continues. Jack picks me up from the back playfully.

"Can't last long with out Dallas. Can we?" He says. I smile. knowing that I mean a lot to these kids is great. My friends are more than the world to me.

"not at all." Delano, a brown skinned and especially tall guy tells me. We've actually been friends longer than Nash and I, believe it or not. The fact that Nash and I are closer doesn't bother him because all in all we are all great friends.

"But me and Sam are trying to kick your ass at ball tonight." He laughs. I knew the scenery wasn't for nothing. Nash throws the ball on the floor and it bounces back up to me. I catch it on impact.

"7:45. Let's see how long it takes for a good 20."