(Imagine) Legolas

A small maiden walked through the forest. As she walked, she hummed a silent tune to herself. She was a maiden in Mirkwood, but had never been outside of its walls. After a long week of hard work, she found herself walking out of the kingdom and beyond its borders.

When she stopped to rest next to a small stream she heard a noise. It didn't sound like an orc or any animal, but another Elf.

She climbed the nearest tree and began to look around. Not far from where she had been sitting was another elf. He was tall and had long blonde hair. He was stunning. She quickly climbed down the tree and walked towards him.

If he heard her, he made no indication that he had. She saw him holding a butterfly. He stared at it with no emotion in his eyes.

"Excuse me, sir, are you alright?" She asked, her voice shaking.

At first he didn't say anything. Then without looking at her he replied.

"Yes, I am fine."

She knew better. He wasn't good at pretending. She quickly took a seat next to him on the rock and stared at the butterfly he was holding, until it flew away.

"Now what is really the matter with you?" She asked. The courage building up in her to confront this elf.

He sighed. He didn't want to trust a stranger with his problems, but as he turned to look at the girl beside him, he felt comfort.

"I don't have any siblings, I'm not betrothed." He said.

She couldn't help but feel bad for him. Soon she realized it was Prince Legolas she was talking too.

"Is it lonely, Legolas?" She asked.

"Very." He whispered.

As they talked more and more she, herself realized how lonely she was as well. Working as a maiden in the kingdom she was born in without any friends or family. She never realized it until now.

Not to long after they became the best of friends. She was introduced to King Thranduil, who noticed that this young maiden girl made his son very happy.

After a few months, Legolas realized how much he loves her and cherishes her. He didn't ever want to let her go and she felt the same with him.

Legolas quickly confessed his love for her in front of the whole kingdom. Some sneered at the thought of him with a maiden, but others were supportive and loved that they were together. They quickly married and on their wedding night as they were laying in bed, she asked him a question.

"Is it lonely, Legolas?"

"No, not at all." He whispered with a smile on his face.

***********************************************************************************************

I'm sorry, this was short and kinda bad. But one of my readers wanted a small story on Legolas in the woods alone and this is what I thought of. I hope you guys like:)