Chapter Sixteen ~ When Their Paths Crossed Again . . .

PIERRES POV:

Lumabas ako ng venue ng welcome party or should I say "ENGAGEMENT PARTY" ng babaeng pinakamamahal ko. I smiled bitterly at the thought. This is really BULL. Goddamnit!

Nagtungo na lang ako sa garden ng hotel at tsaka inalis ang coat ko at niluwagan ang pagkakatali ng necktie ko. I really felt bad.

I never knew that it could hurt like this.

This is so hard on my part. I frustratingly brushed my hand through my hair. Napasabunot na ako sa sarili ko habang nakatungo at nakaupo sa isang bench. The sky is clear, the cold wind is blowing against my skin, those tiny million stars twinkling and sparkling at the night sky, the moon is full --- the night is so perfect and romantic. Timing na timing sa pagkabasag ng puso ko.

I felt like crying but I have to fight my unshed tears. I can't cry now. So tumingala ako while closing my eyes. I know I sound so gay, but I can't help it I am badly torn and shattered into tiny million pieces. I felt my whole system shut down a moment ago. I know I'm physically alive but my heart died inside a million times while watching them silently from a distance, seeing how beautiful, perfect, good, and sweet they are together. It felt like they we're really made and destined for each other.

But I knew better . . . Fallon is my better and worse half. Either of the two she's still the half that makes me whole.

That's why I felt like I was stabbed and shoot directly in my face at the same time. I can't describe the pain I am feeling right now.

Seeing how Hervin Villarasa proposed to Fallon was like a big slap for me. There was a big part of me that wants to stop that damned video and stole Fallon away, but I know I can't do that. I have no right.

Now, a wave of what if's run through my mind. A lot of could've been's echoed through my head.

I heard footsteps but decided to ignore that. Pero ng mapansin kong papalapit ito sa lugar kung nasaan ako ay napamulat ako agad.

But I was stoned to where I am when our eyes met. I felt my heart start to skip beats. The world seem to stop revolving and rotating. Time stops and like everything around me is frozen and all that matters but this moment that I've been waiting for.

Dahan dahan akong napatayo ng magregister sa utak ko na nandito siya sa harap ko. I am not hallucinating right? This time it's real?!

Many emotions that I can't read registered through her beautiful and captivating pair of eyes. Those pair that I love to stare at. Am I right? I'm seeing longing through those gems. But It vanished quickly and all that I can see is coldness, anger and hatred in those pair of lovely eyes. My heart clenched upon seeing that.

I stepped a few meters forward so I can look at her closely. I really do want to rush towards her and envelop her around my arms and hold her tight, however I'm scared that if I'll do that she might vanish. I'm scared to know if this was just a dream.

"Fa-Fallon. . ." I said hoarsely. God! She really didn't know how I missed her.

I was about to hold her arms but ...

"Don't you dare!" she said strongly, with that icy tone that she never used on me. Emphasizing every single word she uttered. And her two beautiful eyes won't give any emotions.

I felt a little pang of pain struck my heart. She has changed and I know it's all my fault. She's not the same girl I used to know. The woman I love.