1

"I still can't believe your dad was cool enough to let me stay here. I mean I'm fine on my own, but it's good to have people around, you know?" I fell onto Stiles' bed, relishing in the comfort my body suddenly felt.

"Well, Amy, you're our neighbor and we know how your parents are, leaving you all the time. It's not exactly ideal for a 16 year old girl to be living on her own." Stiles replied.

"HAH! Yeah, while they're off vacationing on the 'family island' or whatever..." I trailed off, rolling my eyes at my parents failure to actually be decent human beings. I returned my gaze to Stiles, who was preparing the bed around my body for sleep. "Seriously though, Stiles. Thank you." I smiled genuinely.

Stiles returned the gesture. "Anytime. Really!" He returned to what he was doing.

I wasn't sure if I was tired or just lazy, but I didn't bother turning my head, so I just lay there on the bed with my long chocolate brown hair sprawled around my head, staring at Stiles while he made the bed appropriate for sleep. He wasn't the perfectionist-type, but he seemed like he was trying to look like this was normal for him- actually doing something around the house.

With his hands on his hips and a satisfied look on his face, he sighed a sigh of relief, as if he had just completed an art piece.

"I'll leave you to sleep." I said as I gathered the energy to lift my body from the bed.

"What do you mean, this is your bed!" Stiles said.

"But this is your room. I'm not letting you let me take your bed as well as staying in your house." I continued exiting the room.

Stiles quickly grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Seriously, Amy. Come to bed!" he laughed, but I could tell he was dead serious.

I let out a laugh also before I asked "And where are you sleeping?" I raised an eyebrow and crossed my arms.

"Uh, what do you think that's for?" He gestured towards the floor at the foot of the bed, in which he had placed a single pillow and a small Batman blanket.

"As impressive as your sleeping area is, I'm gonna have to insist that you take the bed. It is yours after all." I said smiling.

"Well I'm insisting you take the bed, so we're kind of stuck here, huh?" Stiles raised the corner of his mouth into a smirk.

I looked at the bed Stiles so proudly made only moments ago, then to the floor. "We can just share it. It's not like a big deal or anything. I mean-"

Stiles cut me off "Yeah, we're practically adults, pfft."

"I mean it doesn't have to be awkward." I reassured us both.

"Exactly!" Stiles nodded and looked to the bed. "So I guess I'm going to bed now... Roomie." he nudged me.

"Haha, yeah you too... Buddy." I nudged him back and followed him into bed before falling fast asleep.