Sufficiently Awkward by truthfullyx

Title: Sufficiently Awkward

Author: truthfullyx

Genre: teen fiction/mystery/thriller/partial fanfiction

Length: three chapters (appear to be medium-short length)

Status: ongoing (on story it shows "on hold")

Book description: Kasey Hope's new school is a "big step" from her previous life in ludicrous L.A., according to her father. Yeah, try gigantic leap. After her mother was found murdered in their backyard, Kasey, her younger brother, and their father move to a small town in Washington called Forks to get away from the despair and grief. Kasey is used to the big city and a high school with over a thousand students attending. Now she'll be lucky if she catches a glimpse of the sun and more than 15 people in a classroom. When she meets two other girls who's mothers have been killed the same way, they become determined to find the killer. Can they solve the mystery and protect not only their loved ones, but themselves too?

Link: https://www.wattpad.com/story/55706659-sufficiently-awkward

Notes: This author is not new, but has been on hiatus for awhile and trying to build themselves back up.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ace's Review:

The plot hooks me immediately. What is not interesting about three girls with a similar, if not identical, traumatic event? As the book is just a toddler, I have many questions as to be expected from this genre of book. The suspense and timing is perfect. The book looks to be well thought out.

One thing I would like to point out is that though this book is not technically a fanfiction, it has references to Forks (I'm assuming the author took the town from Twilight) and one of the boys from the famous boyband One Direction is to appear at one point. Although I won't give spoilers, I have not met Harry yet, so I cannot comment on how his character is portrayed or whether people who are not fans of One Direction will react reading the book.

I can't really find much to criticize except that it hasn't been updated since December, but that is nothing to worry about. I'm sure everyone who has read this knows the rush of Christmas holiday and exams in school.

If I saw this book was updated, I would rush over and read the next chapter. I'm super excited to see how the book is portrayed by the author in the next chapter.