~Chapter 2~

There is a knock at the door and then the door opens. Haymitch walks in sees that we are ready and walks back out. I grab my handbag and secretly place the pearl that Peeta gave to me in it. Then I took Peeta's hand in mine and we walk out of the door following Haymitch. We walk past the Victors Village gates and slowly walked down the sidewalk leading to the meadow. We have decided to bury Prim there because it was the only peaceful place while the whole rebellion was going on and Prim deserves a peaceful resting place. We walk just to the edge of the woods and then stop. My mom and Gale are already there. The casket is closed and Primroses cover the top. There is a beautiful painting of her that Peeta must have done in his spare time.

I take my finger and rub the cheek of her face. I feel the tears begin to fill my eyes. Someone puts there hand on my shoulder and I turn to face them.
         "Hey Katnip." Gale says with a sympathetic smile. I feel the tears coming down and I reach in for a hug. I cry on his shoulder and don't let go. He holds on tighter and lays his chin on my head.
         "She's happy now Katniss. She is smiling down on us right now. She wants you to be happy now."
          "How can I ever be happy Gale. The one person I truly knew that I loved is gone and there is nothing I can ever do about it. And it all because of you Gale. She is gone because of you!" I start to yell. My sadness soon turns to anger and I leave his arms and walk over to my mom.

The funeral is starting and one by one people walk down the line to say their "sorry for your loss" and "you have my dearest sympathy" over and over. The smile plastered on my face soon becomes tired but I'm not aloud to take it off. Effie. Haymitch. Octavia. Plutarch. Johanna. Annie. Fin (Finnick and Annie's son). Ceaser. Gales family. Even President Paylor came. Those were the people I acknowledged but there were much more people.
The day was long, hard, and painful. I was tired and I just wanted to go home. The funeral finally ended and we all said our goodbyes to each other and most importantly Prim. It made me feel good that she had a proper funeral. I had a goal to go and visit her everyday. To sing the song she loved, and to make sure she knew that I was getting along.  
Peeta walked me home and kissed me goodnight. As we all went out separate ways. I knew that only one thought was going through our heads. Prim.
___________________________
"Deep in the meadow, under the willow
A bed of grass, a soft green pillow
Lay down your head, and close your sleepy eyes
And when again they open, the sun will rise.

Here it's safe, here it's warm
Here the daisies guard you from every harm
Here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you.

Deep in the meadow, hidden far away
A cloak of leaves, a moonbeam ray
Forget your woes and let your troubles lay
And when again it's morning, they'll wash away.

Here it's safe and here it's warm
And here the daisies guard you from every harm
And here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true
Here is the place where I love you." I sing as I replace the primroses on her grave with fresh ones from the woods. I stand up, rub my hands together, getting the dirt off, and smile up at the sky.
          "There you go little duck. Fresh flowers to make your grave brighter. I miss you Prim. I think I would be doing better if you were here. But I'm doing fine. I know it's better where you are now. I love you."
I grab my game bag and I walk back to my house. As I walk through the door the amazing smell of cheese buns hit me and I instantly relax. This smell relaxes me only because I knows that Peeta is here. Peeta is here and he won't leave unless he knows that I should be alone. I walk into the kitchen and smile. He's doing the dishes. I decide to go scare him. I quietly tiptoe over to the sink and grab his back.
            "Peeta!" I yell as he jerks his whole body in my direction.  He looks terrified.
           "Katniss! Don't do that to me. I nearly had a heart attack." He says as he puts one hand to his stomach and the other one leaning against the counter.
          "I'm sorry Peeta. You are just so easy to scare." I say with a chuckle.
          "Ya well guess what?", he looks up with a smile, " Your so easy to tickle. He grabs my stomach and starts tickling me.
          "Peeta! Peeta! Peeta Rye Mellark! You know I... hate... being tickled!" I say between my laughs. 
         "Why do you think I do it?" He says as he removes his hands from my stomach. I lock my eyes in his and he brings me in for a kiss. Our lips touch and it's like the kiss on the beach all over again. It was. Real.
When we finally breaks apart I lie my head on his chest and he sways me back and forth.
The beep of the oven alarms us both and we break apart laughing. He takes out the cheese buns and hands one to me. He then helps himself to one and we both walk into my living room. I sat next to Peeta on the couch as we watched the projector. President Paylor was doing another speech. We decided to turn it off  and just sit there in silence. I soon drifted off to sleep from the steady beat of his heart. My last thought was of Prim and Peeta. The two people that I know will always be in my life.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Hi guys! I hope you liked it! I'm really enjoying doing this so I think I'm going to continue!
VOTE!
COMMENT!
Thanks for reading!😊😘❤️