Chapter 13

-10 months later-
Peeta's POV

It's been almost a year since I tempted to propose to Katniss. That night was one of the worst nights I'd ever had. Over the months though, I can honestly say we have gotten a lot closer. Katniss brought it up last night. Well she brought up marriage. She told me how much I have changed her mind with the fact of getting married. She grabbed my hand last night and she looked deeply into my eyes and she told me she was ready for that perfect man to step in and lift her off her feet. So I did what any man would do and I lifted her off her feet. She laughed and I spun her around as I watched her beautiful smile lighten up her face and her hair fly backwards. I set her down and she walked away. I was confused at first but later on I heard her yell goodnight to me. I was left in Aw of what happened.
▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️
Katniss' POV

I walked out upstairs with a smile permanently glued to my face. I got ready for bed and lied down. I couldn't fall asleep right away knowing that I  was most likely going to be proposed to soon. I tried to anyway. It must not have been that hard though because the next thing I know is, I am waking up to the sound of the birds chirping in my windowsill. I yawn and stretch my arms out and look at the clock. It is already 9:30 a.m. and I usually only sleep in until 7. I get up and run across the cold hardwood floor into the bathroom to get ready. I'm in the midst of brushing my hair when I here a faint knock on my bedroom door.
"Katniss. Are you awake?" Peeta asked softly. I spit the remaining toothpaste into the sink and I walk over to the door. When I open it I get an instant smell of freshly baked pastries and eggs. I look down and stare at the plate that Peeta is holding in his hands. He walks in beside me an sets it down on my bed.
"What is this for?" I ask in disbelief.

"It's just the beginning of a hopefully good adventure today." He says and smiles as he walks out of the door. I swear his teeth just sparkled.

He closes the door behind him and I fall flat onto my bed letting out a big sigh. It's gonna be a long day.
▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️
Peeta's POV
After I start the day off in the right foot by giving her breakfast. I race down the stairs, grab my jacket, and leave the house. I go to my bakery and I quickly grab the one decoration I need and then I walk out.

I arrive in the meadow in no time and I walk into the little house that we have. I gently place the decoration on the wall. I place the ring in a wooden drawer and I flip on the light. The room is glowing with strung up lights and flowers. It looks perfect. I flip the switch back off and I walk back towards Katniss' house. I know she is probably expecting the proposal today so it won't be as special as a surprise. But I can only hope for the best.
🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹🔹
I am so sorry for the long update in between chapters. Life has gotten a lot busier. I am out of school now though so I think the updates should be more frequent. I know this is a really short chapter but I hope that this just gets you excited for the next chapter. I know I am! Okay thanks for reading guys!
Camryn✌🏼