Chapter 8: Wake Up

Phil's Pov:

Im a wreck. I can't find the strength to do anything. I've beem sitting in this hospital chair for almost 3 weeks. 3 weeks... and no sign of life. The breathing tube was doing everything. The doctor walked in. "Mr. Lester," his voice was low and dry, "I think you should consider taking her off life support. She's not respond-" i cut him off, enraged at the thought of loosing my daughter.

"I AM NOT GIVING UP ON HER! Doctor, she's strong, i know this by now. She'll wake up, she won't give up on my. My daughter will not give up!" He nodded amd exited. I sat on Emmi's bed, hugging her. I took her phone. I had searched for answers in it a million times. I opened her messages. I noticed a group chat. It hadn't been typed in for weeks. It was named "the others." I opened it and began reading.

#6790864679- Faggy
#8996652638- kill urslf.
#0988900989- y do u evn try?

The messages made me tear up. Emmi was being bullied, and i never knew it. I continued reading.

Jerimiah- Miss us slut?
Jennie- thought you could get away?
Maddie- Thats not how it works fag hag.
Jennie- Do the world a favor will you.
Jerimiah- Kill urslf!

The words stabbed my heart. Everything i had ever been called in school, she was being called in these messages. She couldn't have even blocked the numbers, her phone didnt have that feature. She couldn't escape.

#7776668899- So this is Emmi. Hey, long time no talk.
Me- Vi?
#7776668899- Hey.

Vi, she was in this chat. With Emmi's bullies, why wasnt she sticking up for her!

Maddie- hey fag bag
Jeramiah- i like tht 1 bby
Jennie- no pda. Anyway back to the fgt
Vi- srsly mads
Vi- y did u add me
Jennie- its your initiation
Jeramiah- hey fgt, have you popped a vein yet like i told you.
Jennie- yea srsly y try anymore
Maddie- die in a ditch
Vi- guys this is getting too far!
Maddie- SHUT UP VI!
Jeramiah- vi y dont you tell her something.
Vi- no
Me- leave vi out of this. I dont care about you sluts, but she doesnt deserve to have to be your friend, no one does.
Jennie- omg the mute! It types!
Me- im not mute anymore, im happy.
Vi- thats rlly good green
Me- i missed that nickname.
Jeramiah- HOMOS!
Maddie- whtevr fags, just do the world a huge favor please.
Jennie- please kill yourself!
Jeramiah- we know you know how to break a razor. use it.
Maddie- Up the river.
Jennie- or a rope
Maddie- whichever you prefer.
Vi- sorry green. Im leaving the chat. Ill text you tomorrow.
:Vi has left the chat:
Maddie- night faggy..

Reading it made me feel what i felt in middle and high school. I felt my only escape, was suicide. Emmi's only escape, was suicide.

I put the phone down, and held her hand. I felt a tightening aroung my hand. She squeezed my hand.

"EMMI, DOCTOR! DOCTOR!" The doctor ran in, expecting to see much worse than a sleeping child.
"SHE SQUEEZED MY HAND, SHE'S ALIVE!"

"Phil, what's going on?" Dan ran in with Vi and a cup of coffee.

"Dan grab her hand!" He did as told.

"Emmi, it's Dan. Phil, Bri, Vi are both here, if you're here, show me."

Dan's pov:

"Emmi, it's Dan. Phil, Bri, Vi are both here, if you're here, show me." I waited, it felt like centuries. But eventually, i felt a slight squeeze.

"I-" she started to speak.

"You what babe, come on wake up..." Vi said sitting on her bed.

"I- I l-love you." Her eyes peeled open slowly. "Water..." she pointed to a botthr of water, which belonged to Bri. Vi passed it to her and she chugged it down.

Phil's pov:

"I love you all. I'm sorry i put you through this. How long has it been?"

Dan answered in a cracky voice, "Tomorrow it will be a month. Emmi," he paused, trying to figure out how to word his sentence, "sweety, why? Why would you do this to yourself. If you hadnt been on the phone with Vi, we wouldn't of heard her screaming. We would have lost you forever."

"I don't want to talk about it..." she quieted down, and got teary eyed.

"The messages, the group chat, was that why?" I asked her, referring to the chat she labled "the others." She nodded. "You felt like you had no escape, like they would find you again." She yet again nodded.

"What did they said after i left? I shouldn't have left. "

"They didn't say anything." I answered for her, because she was now in hysterics.

"Bri, Vi, can i just be alone with Dan and Phil?" They nodded at Emmi's question. They hugged her and left to the lobby.

"Phil wht did you read my messages?" She raised her voice slightly, obviously angered by my actions.

"If i lost you, i wanted to know why."

"Dad did you?" Dan shook his head instead of replying no.

"He has to." I pleaded to Emmi.

"No, I'm mad enough you did!"

I ignored her reply, and handed Dan the phone. He read the name. "Did you hear my breakdown?" He asked, his voice shaking. She nodded. "Oh,"

"I have always called Maddie and her crew that. Everyone hated me there, but they caused my pain, they hurt me, everyone else just ignored me, that's why they're the others. We nodded simultaneously.

Once Dan finished reading he hugged her. "Tell us next time this happens, okay?"

"Okay..." she paused,"do i have to go to therapy?"

"We want you to. So yes." I replied.

"But, it does not help! It makes me think about my issues and it hurts to do that! Please Daddy! Don't make me! Dad, please!" She cried.

"You can either talk to a therapist, or be hospitalized... the doctor gave us those options. We dont want you to do either, we want you home, but it's a law here. You're not allowed to leave until you're cleared."

"Fine, I'll do therapy."

"You still have to be hospitalized for a week or two. You have to be cleared." Dan replied.

"Great, my third time im a phyc ward."

"For now, let's just sleep. Okay?"

"Okay Daddy, night Dad, love you both" we kissed her head and immediently dozed off.

--
Over 1,000 words yea! 1,085! Okay so when she says Dad it's Dan, and when she says Daddy it's Phil (not like that you filthy minded smut readers!)

Okayy bai KupKakes!

-Camryn Out✌